//beauty//

"what do you like about him anyway?" your friend asked, looking up from your phone. she had been scrolling through pictures you had taken recently. 

"well he's...sweet. and silly. and his nose scrunches when he smiles," you answered. 

"cute...what else??" she eagerly persisted. 

what else? everything else. 

it was too hard to put it all in words. how could you do it? there was no way to sum up all his beauty in plain english. 

how could you share the golden color of his eyes in the sunset, or the honey glow of his skin? how could you tell her about the gleaming summer glow that came from his soul when you could not fathom it yourself. 'beautiful', but no. that couldn't describe it well enough. 

everything. 

starry marks that dotted his nose and cheekbones. there was a galaxy covering his face. and soft hair...cloud-soft. it fell just below his eyes when he looked down. sometimes he let it stay there; sometimes he brushed it back with his hands. 'ethereal'......still no. 

what about the dashing smile that broke across his face when he laughed? like a crescent moon, or a beaming crater. eyes pooled with wonder, glittering like diamonds. 

everything. there were no words. 

childish sparks that blew from his heart. sunshine radiance when he spoke. words were not enough for him. 

"everything...inside and outside," you replied.