Chapter 6: Truth?

10:10 AM
Sera POV
Wellston High

What a night. I had spent the previous night talking with Claire, John's former friend. She told me how John lost himself after gaining so much power and became a bully. John has repeated the same actions here at Wellston like his old school. He has beated every person except one: me.
I can't gloat right now. For starters, I don't have my ability back. Once I get it back, I will have to face John. For now, I need answers.

I came out of class looking for Arlo. I wanted to see if he has any new lead on where Terrence was. Terrence is supposedly a mid tier with the ability to turn invisible but after looking at recent events, he seems more dangerous than everyone thought.

"Arlo."

"Seraphina. What do you want this time?"

"Did you find out where Terrence is? I need to find him."

"No, I didn't find him. It seems right now he's a no show. He can't be found anywhere in school. I tried asking Keene for help but he brushed it off. Not even Isen could find him."

That's not good. Terrence is my best bet to finding out what happened with my ability loss. The more days that pass by, the less patient I felt. There has to be another way of tracking him down. Let me think....

"Arlo. Do you know where Cecile is?"

"Cecile? No, she hasn't.shown her face ever since this whole Joker incident occurred."

"If we could find her, she may know where Terrence could be. We will need Isen's help to locate her."

"Sounds like a plan."

Arlo and I went to the Press Room. When we entered, we found Isen there, hiding behind a table at the back of the room.

"Isen. We need you to use your ability."

"A-again? What for?"

"Just do it."

Arlo's words made Isen quiver. He obeyed Arlo and used his hunter ability.

"There's no one here. It's just like last time."

Isen was cowering before us. I don't have time for this. I need to ask.

"Isen, can you do us a favor?"

"Sure. W-what is it?"

"I need you to go find Cecile."

"Cecile? Why do you need to see her?"

"She is our best chance of finding Terrence. Can you find her?"

"Yes I can. It will take some time looking for her in this school but I'll do what I can."

"Good luck, Isen. You're going to need it."

Arlo folded his arms after his remark. Isen quickly scurried out of the room. It would be awhile before Isen came back.

"You guys! I found her!"

"Where is she?"

"She's been hiding in a classroom near the top of the school. It looks like she has been trying to avoid other people."

"Thanks. Arlo, let's go."

"Let's get this over with."

We went to the classroom Isen told us and entered. Cecile was standing there near a window. She was surprised to see us here.

"If it isn't Arlo and Seraphina. What business do you have with me?"

Cecile looked defeated. She was avoiding direct eye contact with either of us.