The Harm of a Gala

(Sorry for not updating. I'm going to try to get back on track. Let me just say, I got really into this chapter and was watching a 10 minute clip of this whole chapter from the movie Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and I'm really proud of this chapter. Those who have seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies will see the similarities so yeah. The link to the clip will be at the end. anyways, Hope you enjoy!)

No One's POV

Allura looked throw her closet of things to wear to the Gala. Yes she had a lot of outfits to choose from but she still protested the idea of going to a Gala. In the world where zombies are constantly being created by merely a bite and kill, kill, and kill, Allura sees no point in trying to live a normal life. Not when you should be fighting for survival. Allura has been taught this for years. 

For years she has been raised to fight and use the ways of the sword to kill a zombie to survive. Yet people take risk of walking around casually and going to parties and galas as if nothing has changed. But everything has even the way funerals are to be held and the bodies are to be discarded. 

Pidge came in and nearly jumped at Allura who was just standing staring off into the closet of clothes. 

"Allura you must have something to wear." Pidge said.

"I do but I do not wish to get dressed."

"You not have a choice." Pidge said, "We are all now going and father would not leave you alone in the house." Allura knew Pidge was right. Despite her swordsmanship and her skills at killing zombies, their father would never leave one of them alone to fend for themselves. Even if it was in the walls of their new house, their father trusted no one and who fear the worst. 

Allura let out a heavy sigh as Pidge pulled out white dress which turned blue, a royal blue as it trailed down towards her feet. Looked like something a true goddess would wear. Which is something her father would call her for her swordsmanship and kill count.

"A lovely dress if I do say so."

"Lovely it may be, but does it do the job of accommodating our needs." Allura stated.

"Only one way to find out." Pidge said. 

Pidge and Allura both began hiding weapons inside their dresses. Thanks to many thigh holsters they had, Pidge was able to hide a thin blade and dagger on her legs. Allura was able to hide a long dagger up her dress. It wasn't your average small dagger but not long enough to be a sword. But close. She also two smaller daggers that shared a thigh holster on her other leg.

"Is that third dagger really necessary?" Pidge asked gesturing to the two daggers. "It doesn't seem to fit. It may cut you."

"Better a cut than dead." Allura stated. 

"How very morbid of you." Pidge replied. Their sister Romelle entered in a yellow ballgown that made Allura seem underdressed but she didn't care. The dress she wore seemed to be plenty feminine, not only was Allura's dress goddess like, by the neckline seemed almost square showing her feminine side alright. 

Pidge wore a lovely light green dress with white flowers similar to cheery blossoms around the dress. They stood admiring each other and making sure each had weapons' in case of a zombie attack. Once again Romelle asked why they do such a thing.

"Because, if we ever come under attack, the first to die would be those who not know how to defend themselves." Allura replied.

"That's why you marry to someone who has the money to protect you and live a happy life." Romelle said. But it only triggered Allura.

"Money no longer matters. Not with the world practically coming to an end, there's no need for a man with money. Only a man with defense."

"Then why are we to bare arms?" Romelle asked. Allura was about to answer when Pidge took over.