Checkmate

I took off my shirt and got into the shower hugging Gray from behind.

Grayson: Good morning Beautiful

Izabella: Morning

He turned around and pushed me against the wall kissing me.

Grayson: What do you want to do today?

Izabella: As much as I want to stay here with you, I have to go home.

Grayson: Why?

He sounded so sad

Izabella: Because we've reached normalcy, now that your dad is back, and Parker is gone. Plus I told my mom I'd be back.

Grayson: One more day, stay today and I'll drive you home myself tomorrow.

Izabella: If I stay today I'll want to stay tomorrow.

Grayson: Yeah, that's kinda the whole point.

Izabella: I wouldn't leave if I didn't have too. And you need to spend some quality time with your dad. I've been your buffer for two days.

Grayson: He's been here for three.

Izabella: You needed time to breathe the first day, you distanced yourself.

Grayson: Okay I see what you mean, but do you really have to go?

Izabella: I don't want to, but I'll make a deal with you.

Grayson: I'm listening

Izabella: Spend the day with your dad and tonight you can come over and stay with me.

Grayson: Deal.

I kissed him and we finished showering. I got dressed and helped him change the sheets on his bed.

Izabella: I'll see you later.

Grayson: Yeah.

I walked home enjoying the fresh air.

Izabella: Morning mom.

Mom: Good morning honey.

Izabella: Where's dad?

Mom: He went to the gym, he'll be back for lunch. How was your first date

Izabella: So romantic, we watched the sunset, and Gray packed a picnic.

Mom: Sounds wonderful

Izabella: It was a date I'll remember for the rest of my life. Plus he gave me a promise ring.

Mom: Let me see!

I showed her the ring on my finger.

Mom: The symbol for forever

Izabella: Do you have a chain I can put it on? I want to wear it as a necklace.

Mom: I can check my jewelry box. Go take your meds and eat something.

Izabella: Okay

I did as I was told, took my meds, made a smoothie. Nothing out of the ordinary. Mom found a silver chain and gave it to me. I put my ring on it and put it on. Mom and I went on a walk and she told me about her first date with dad. And how she knew he was the one.

Izabella: I never knew dad was such a hopeless romantic.

Mom: Where do you think you got it from?

She laughed, we talked, and when we got home I went to clean my room and do some homework before Gray came over. Dad came home we ate lunch I showed him my ring. It felt nice being able to share things with him in person. I helped clear the table.