Chapter 19

Going back to Aunt Mary's house for the opening of schools after the break was much more difficult than I expected mainly because I secretly wanted to stay with Riley and her family.

After having a phenomenal break with Riley's family (despite Riley and I accidentally opening a hornet's nest on the last day and running for our dear lived) it almost felt like we were all a big happy family.

Maybe in the future, we will be. If you get what I mean.

Crude jokes aside, there were so many expectations on my head as I got back from the break.

Like maybe:

1. Desmond and Calum moved back and they aren't going to be related to my Aunt or me, making sure I won't live with the guilt of having a small affair with Desmond.

2. The twins finally know how to bake a carrot cake (they struggled for weeks, trust me) and can finally get to make me one for my birthday at the end of the year.

3. Aunt Mary can say I can stay with them and I don't have to go back. But that's obviously a fallen wish.

But none of these really happened when I returned. Nope. Not at all. Nada.

I was met with a rather shocking scene; Ray and Ryan were gaming with Desmond, the maids were busy around the area and my aunt was legit waiting for me in the living room with Calum.

"I'm home." I screamed, throwing the pink suitcase down and stretching my arms out.

I expected a hug, but I didn't get any. All I got was everyone's attention on me. Desmond switched off the TV and gave me a very defeated look immediately making the smile fall off my face.

"Dawn," Aunt Mary said, "Why don't you take a seat, darling?"

I walked in and sat down on the sofa facing each of them, immediately knitting my eyebrows together, "You guys are kicking me out, aren't you?"

"Dawn-"

I put my hands on my face, covering it from them, "I mean, I know I'm rude sometimes but I didn't think you'd give up on me yet, I just thought-"

"Dawn-"

"-and I thought you guys loved me but I guess-"

"MY DAD AND YOUR AUNT ARE GETTING MARRIED!" Desmond screamed, clearly frustrated by the show I was putting on.

My hands dropped to my sides as I gaped at both Aunt Mary and Calum putting their hands up. A nice diamond ring shone on their hands, and they beamed at me as the maids began to come with some... outfits?

Calum stood up with Aunt Mary as two maids, Lindsay and Kienna, came up to them with a tuxedo and a beautiful white dress with pearls on the neckline. They handed it to the soon to be wedded.

Aunt Mary motioned for me to stand, which I did, "As you were gone, I managed to get into your room to get your measurements because I want you." She pointed at me then at Desmond, "And him, to be the glorious couple on the day."

My mouth dropped as I stared at a nervous Desmond. Then it clicked.

He tried texting me the night before we arrived.

And little Miss Hastings ignored. Joy.

Desmond was the first to speak, "Uh, do we have to?"

"Of course! Our lovely children should have a special part in the wedding!" Calum answered excitedly, "Lucky for you guys, the colours aren't too dark."

Aunt beamed, "Thanks to me, the colors are specifically sky blue, pink for my sweet Dawn, and white because of...well.. Calum."

She handed the dress over to me, "You guys should prepare something for us. The twins have already started."

Ray and Ryan fist bumped each other and immediately left the room with a competitive glare.

I admired the dress: the neck had beautiful pearls around it, and there was pink ribbon around the waistline.

I looked at Desmond who had a very complex look on his face. It was as if he didn't know what to do with this new revelation.

I then turned to look at Aunt Mary and Calum beaming at me.

"So, we're not going to have the wedding this year," she giggled, "We'll have it after you come back from my sister's place."

Oh great. There's that too.

The fact that I have 6 more weeks before I'm officially booted back home, it scares me more than it should.

Why? Well, that's simple;

1. When I get back to Aussie, there's a few people I'm planning to avoid. By few people I mean Finn and Mackenzie.

2. My mom. No need to explain that one folks.

My train of thought was interrupted when Desmond snapped his fingers in front of my face, "Earth to Dawn?"

I grabbed his wrist and gently put his hand down, "I'm fine."

He chuckled and ran a hand through his blonde hair, "You don't look so good to me."

And that was when I realized that we were left alone; the twins left, the maids went to whip up some food probably, and my Aunt and her boyfriend probably went to have engagement sex, leaving me with my soon to be confused cousin.

"Wanna sit down?" He said, touching my forehead, "You're sweating."

I touched my own forehead and realized I was in dead sweating. But from what? I'm not sure.

We went to the couch and sat. Desmond sat a seat away from me and I kept fanning myself because of the immense heat I was feeling up my temple. And then that was when I did it.

I sneezed. Twice.

"Dawn?" He asked, his voice concerned, "Do you need some help?"

I shook my head rapidly, sniffing, "No, I'm good."

As you can tell I wasn't good. I'm pretty sure the collar of my pink shirt is drenched in sweat. Desmond couldn't stop staring at it.

"Uh, I'm going to get Dad." He dashed up the stairs and left me on the couch.

My breathing began to speed up almost like I was hyperventilating. But using the breathing techniques my dad once taught me, I slowed it down, and slowly closed my eyes, drifting off into a slow peaceful slumber.