Chapter 9- Part 2

You ever feel like sometimes the decision you make at first is right, but the second you make it, you instantly regret it?

Yeah, me too. Because it's ME right now.

Desmond sat on his bed with ease, staring directly at me. I took the chair this time, trying my hardest to avoid his eyes.

"So..."

"So?" He rose a brow, "Oh yeah, why'd you act like a b*tch today man."

"It's what you get for practically ghosting me in real life, you know." I shrugged, "You wanted me to be rough, so I was."

"Dawn, I don't mean to be rude but sometimes you act like Riley, a certified stuck up girl." He rolled his eyes.

"If that was an insult, try again later." I smirked, "We're getting off topic you know."

"That's what we always do."

"Desmond!" His full attention was on me now, "Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" He acted oblivious.

"Desmond, why did you just," I looked down, "Just, pretend that everything was fine and we didn't have an intense make out session."

"I wouldn't say it was intense, Dawn." I looked up at him, "And I didn't pretend everything was fine. Everything is fine, Dawn."

"No it's not. You're denying everything that happened."

"What happened?" He acted dumb again.

"Desmond, if you aren't going to be serious about this matter, I think the school media would eat this up like cake." I smiled to myself.

"There you go again with the threatening." He sighed, frustrated, "Fine, I'll be serious."

Dawn: 1, Desmond: 0.

"Desmond, why did you act like everything was fine?" I asked again, "I mean, after kissing the girl you live with one normally doesn't pretend everything is going good."

"Dawn," He invited me to sit next to him, which I stood up and I did, "I needed time to think."

"Think about? You know I like you and you're playing with my emotions."

He gently held my hand, "Dawn, you don't like me. You like the idea of me, and you know it."

Dawn : 1, Desmond: 100,000.

"Des, I like-"

"You don't think I know about Tyler and Mark? Mark has a pretty good mouth when it comes to telling everyone his life drama." He blurted out, then immediately covered his mouth.

Mark.

That bastard.

No wonder people were staring at me and him most of the time. Mark must've told everyone about how we once dated, making it seem easier for me to go and say, 'Hey! Let's date again'.

Oh, he's going to pay.

"Des, I really do like you." I confessed, "I mean, you're a great guy and you care about me-"

"But that's the thing, Dawn." He interjected, "I only care about you. And I'm not so sure if I like you back."

"Why?" That stung. If this is what the friendzone, or should I say cousinzone, feels like, I send my heart out to everyone that felt like this.

"Don't get me wrong, you're extremely pretty, kind, average smarts-" I glared at him and he cleared his throat, "Intelligent in your own way, and you have a good personality. But we can't do this because, you know, I might be your cousin and all-"

"That's what you're worried about?" He nodded, "And you don't think you like me?"

"Okay I lied. I actually like you a lot. But I don't think that mom and dad would like to hear that there is incest-"

"It's not incest unless you're actually related to me," I explained, "Plus, no one knows the future."

"Dawn, even if we don't become cousins, you do realize that there's a chance we wouldn't be together?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "I can clear see that you still care about Mark."

This made me see red, "How can I not care about Mark? The man took my goddamn virginity, Desmond!" I covered my mouth quickly when I saw his shocked face.

"Y-you gave him your virginity?" I nodded slowly, feeling tears fill my eyes, "And he left you after that? I swear to God I'm going to kill him."

"Desmond, don't. If you really care about me, you wouldn't." I pleaded, tugging him slightly, "Please."

"I can't just sit here and do nothing about it." He shook his head, "The man legit took something so precious from you, and barely left with a goodbye. What type of cowardice is that?"

"See, I knew you cared about me." He rolled his eyes but did not dare speak, "Des, I care about you. I care about a lot of people, and I don't want you to hurt anyone I care about."

"Even if they hurt you?"

"There's something called forgiving." I smiled, placing my hand on his cheek, "And no matter how bad someone hurts you, sometimes you just need to let go and forgive."

"Dawn, under all the confidence and ego you really are a nice, forgiving human being." I smiled at the compliment, "And I think that's why I fell for you at first."

"Really?"

"Of course. I could see straight through your facade. The rest might see you as a cold hearted b*tch who loved gossip, but you really are a nice girl." He pecked my lips slightly, "I'm sorry for ghosting you."

"No problem." I lied, "But what happens to us then?"

"It's all up to you."

What's with boys giving me the choices? Sometimes I make choices I regret badly in the end.

"I think we need to take this slow, because to be honest with you, I'm still trying to fix my messed up feelings for both you and Mark." For the first time I actually felt satisfied with  my response, "So I just need time, what do you think?"

He nodded, "We'll take this slow. Because that's all it needs. Time. And even if we don't make it together, I just want you to know I'll never stop caring for you." He grinned, "After all, you're my little cousin." He then gave me a hug, "Goodnight, Dawn. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Desmond?" He hummed, "Please don't hurt Mark for what he did. It wasn't his fault."

When he didn't respond verbally, I bid him Goodnight and left for my room. When I got in there, I jumped on the bed and got my phone out, dialling a number I promised to call.

Desmond was right; time is all this needs. And I think I shouldn't just dwell on the past, I need to open up my options and also just try to forget.

"Dawn?" He yawned, "I didn't think you'd call."

"Well, I couldn't just go to sleep without talking to you, now could I?" I smiled weakly.

"Yeah, you did promise me anyways." Tyler said, "So, what did you call for?"

"I was wondering if you're free this Saturday." I told you I was opening up my options.

"Not Saturday, the boys and I have practice for our game in 3 weeks, but I'm free after school on Friday. You thinking of going out?"

"Yeah, to get to know you and just hang out, probably grab some food or something." I twirled my hair around my finger, "I mean, if you down."

"You know I'm down for anything with you." He said happily, "See you at school tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you." I hung up.

If I wanted to open up my options (excluding Mark) this was the way to go. Plus I'm sure Desmond wouldn't mind, right?