Chapter 14

It's finally the big game against our rival school; Whittaker High.

Riley, Christina, Samantha, Jennie and I were sitting front row. The only one in a cheerleading costume was Christina, the captain, who was already abandoning us to join the team.

Riley turned to me, and the guilt for not telling her what happened about 2 weeks ago killed me, "So, I have a proposal for you." She typed away into her phone before shoving it in my face.

I was staring at a beautiful house and I gaped at how big it was, "Who do you want me to bury there?"

She laughed, and cheered as her boyfriend, Tyler (yes, Tyler finally realized I wasn't exactly into him and went for Riley instead) scored a touchdown, "No one, yet. I wanted to invite you to my parent's countryside house for the weekend."

"Only me?" I turned to Jennie and Samantha for support, but Jennie had her eyes trained on Tim while Samantha was focused on her phone.

Riley nodded, "Only you. The other girls refused and now I can't just go and getaway with my brother alone in my parents car. It's not fair."

Her reference to Mark immediately made my heart skip a beat. It's been a few weeks and the feelings that I have for both Mark and Desmond keep getting stronger, and so is their rivalry.

I sensed that Riley and the others may have known about this, because the looks I was getting from them when I associate with Mark or Desmond is just off.

Just like how my feelings and emotions are very off.

"I'll ask my aunt." I promised to her, secretly crossing my fingers that she would refuse.

Riley beamed, and pecked my cheek, "Thanks, love." She then turned back to the game, forcing me to turn back as well.

Desmond had just tackled the guy with the ball, and the ball flew out of his hands, causing Mark to run a little faster to finally get the ball.

Riley and I both stood, watching Mark as he dodged the enemy and score.

Halftime came quicker than usual and the cheerleading team made their way to the field. Christina looked so perfect in her outfit as she stood in the middle with her pom poms in the air; her brown hair was tied into 2 pigtails with blue ribbon, her skirt, which was a mix of blue and white, slightly moving to the wind in the evening air, her top showing the Plata sign.

The cheerleading routine was beautifully executed; ending with Christina doing a flip in the air as she got thrown up by her mates. She showed off with her flexibility from being a gymnast in the past.

Yes, she was a gymnast. Explains a lot, really.

Once the halftime show was over, she made her way off with the team as the players got back to their position. 

The match resumed and I watched intently, before I was legit pushed back into my seat by a human being named Ryan.

"Dawn." He whined as Ray watched on, standing by his side, "There's this guy on the team who wanted to talk to you."

"Is it Des ?" I asked, but that theory was debunked when I realized that he was on the field.

Ryan shook his head, "No, but he sure is scary. He said we should get you to the locker rooms or we'd be fresh meat on Monday."

Sounds like Mark.

I excused myself from the girls and went back to the building.

Walking through the hallways, I looked through, making sure no one was there. After all, I wouldn't want to get caught sneaking into a boys locker room.

I finally stood by the door and opened it slowly, peeking through, before opening it a bit more.

That was when a hand held my arm, and pulled me inside.

On instinct, I rose my fist ready to punch the person but was caught seconds before it connected with Mark's jaw.

He held my arm firmly as I sighed in relief knowing it was just him, "I already got slapped by you, I don't think I want to get punched too."

Instead, I hit his chest with my other hand, "You douche, I thought I was getting kidnapped."

He laughed, "By who?"

I shrugged, "Uh, so mind letting go of my arm?"

He instead pulled me into his embrace, hugging me against his sweaty body, "How about no."

I tried to get away from him, but he wouldn't budge, and I simply gave in. He finally let go, and gave me the sweetest smile.

"Our semester is coming to an end and i-"

"Correction, it ends int about 3 weeks." I corrected him.

"And I heard you're going back to Aussie for the holiday." He muttered, "Is this true?"

I sighed, before nodding, "I mean, I have to see my mom, you know and I-"

"Hey, hey, I'm not mad." He placed a finger on my lips, "I just wanted to let you know I'll still be here."

"You're not going to disappear when I come back?" I asked.

"Not this time." He gave me a slight peck, "I'm here to stay." Then kissed me properly this time.

He pushes me against a locker and clutches my waist tightly. When his hands slip under my shirt, my eyes widened, and I pushed him away from me.

He looked hurt, but then I spoke, "We're in the school."

The realization crossed over his face and he smiled sheepishly, "Right, sorry."

I sat down on one of the benches and he sat besides me, "So, why'd you call me in here?"

His foot was tapping slightly, his gaze trained on the ground, "Just wanted some company."

"Oh you'll be seeing more of me." I snorted, "We have a full year."

"2 semesters, Dawn. We graduate next June." He corrected me, "Where do you even want to go for University?"

My answer was almost instant, "London."

He frowned, "London?"

"Yep."

"Interesting." He smiled, "So I brought you here to ask you out, on a date."

I nodded my head too fast for my liking, "When?"

"Whenever." He smiled, "I just want our relationship to be slow. I'm sure we've both healed ourselves from past trauma?"

"No," I honestly spoke, "I haven't healed completely, and I'm not sure I want to."

He rose a brow, "Why?"

I intertwined my hands with his, "I can't forget what made me happy. It's always going to be there. Especially if one of the people who made me happy is still in my life." I quietly said, "You made me happy, and if we didn't share what we had in the past, I don't think our connection with each other would be as strong as it is now."

And we sat in silence for a while. I placed my head on his shoulder and he sighed, his hands still with mine.

"Dawn?"

"Mark?" I sat up to look at him.

"You ever think we'll be a couple again?" His eyes shone bright with hope.

It was a question that my heart knew the answer to, and was forcing my brain to admit.

But, I have to go with one half of my heart, completely disregarding the other half that has feelings for Des. Whether sexual or not, it's something I feel and need to confront with him.

But right now, I need to tell Mark the truth.

"I do." I admitted, "And I think maybe this time, things will be different, and better, for both of us."

He squeezed my hand, a small smile playing on his lips, "For the both of us."