Chapter 15

"No, it's a metaphor!" I crossed my arms at Riley.

The girls and I are sleeping over at Riley's for the night before Riley and I set off for the countryside tomorrow. Our mid term break was upon us and despite me wanting the girls to be with us, they had plans in mind (such shabby excuses I tell you).

It's about our 6th week into the semester (6 weeks to go) and things have never been better for me. Education and friendship wise.

As for Mark and I, things have taken a turn for the better.

Despite Desmond's suspicion towards him and I, we have been good friends so far. He took me out to the park to hang, and now we're just being good friends for now, slowly trying to heal ourselves before we go any further.

Mom had called to tell me she booked my return flight as soon as school ended. I was happy she sounded good, but I was also scared to go back, so scared I'm hoping that these 6 weeks go slowly.

Going back to a place where almost all love has left you is never fun, but in order to heal, I have to do it, no matter how hard it will be to go back.

"Riley, what the hell do you think a metaphor is?" Jennie scoffed, her pink hair falling in front of her eyes.

"Whatever, guys." Christina rolled hers, "Enough of school. We need to talk about Riley and Dawn's trip with Dawn's lover that's about to happen during." She smiled at me as a blush appeared on my face.

"I rather not." I fiddled with my fingers, "I mean, we have a lot of homework and-"

Jennie seemed to agree with Christina's idea as she pushed all the books onto the floor and smiled at us as we gaped at the books that were off the dining table and onto the floor, "Tell us." She commanded.

Riley's smile quickly returned and she twirled strand of blonde hair around her finger, "So tomorrow, dad's taking us to the country house, and we'll go horse riding and-"

"Let's not forget the dozens of photos you're going to take." A voice interrupted her.

We turned to the side and saw Mark walk into the dining room, shirtless. He held a soda can and stood behind me, gripping my shoulder with his free hand. I looked up at Mark and he smirked down at me before looking at Samantha, who began to whistle.

Samantha smirked, "Well, look who just arrived."

"Me? Yeah, the life of the party just arrived." I held back a laugh as Riley sent a glare towards her brother.

"Can you like leave? Just for a night, Mark?" She rolled her eyes.

"I came to get a lady." He said, wrapping his arms around my neck, "Can I borrow her for 2 minutes, ladies?"

Riley and the others seemed to have a conversation with each other using just their eyes. Finally, Riley nodded.

"2 minutes. Only." She ordered.

I gave her a pleading look, but she just smiled deviously, "Don't act like you don't want some of my brother tonight."

The girls laughed and I blushed a bright red as he slowly pulled my chair away from the table. I stood and walked up the stairs to the spare room, which I was using for the night (Riley had a lot of rooms in her house, but she's spending the night with her best friend Christina) knowing that's where my bags where.

He followed me into the spare room and closed the door, and was immediately met with a slap on his chest, "I guess I have to get used to you hitting me, don't I?"

I slapped his chest again, "You embarrassed me! Again!"

He wrapped his arms around my waist, "Don't act like you don't want to suck my face off."

I pushed him away, "We're taking things slow, remember?"

He nodded and went to the empty bed, "I just wanted to help you set your room for the night before, you know, we go out tomorrow."

"How kind of you, but Riley can do that for me."

"Don't put all the trust in my sister, she's a rude one." He said, taking out some sheets and starting to make the bed.

"So am I." I went to the other side to help him fix the bed, trying my hardest to avoid looking at his chiseled chest.

"Yeah, I can agree with you on that." He smiled, "Hey, now you know how to make a bed!"

"F*ck you."

With a swift motion, he pulled on the sheet we were both holding, sending me crashing onto the bed, face first. I turned over and Mark took it as an opportunity to hit my face with a pillow.

I gaped at him as I stood, "Oh it is so on." I said, taking a pillow and hitting him back.

We engaged in a mini pillow fight until the girls came in to watch us.

They rushed back and grabbed pillows, and soon enough, we all engaged in a pillow fight with one another.

*******************

"Desmond, I'll be fine, I swear." I told him on the call.

It was now evening and the rest of the girls, and Desmond, retired to their rooms for a night in. I had already taken a shower, and changed into my pyjamas but before I could sleep, Desmond called me.

"I don't trust you with him." His voice sounded concerned, "I don't care if you have a friendship going, I still don't trust it."

"Desmond, what problem do you have with Mark exactly?"

It seemed as if Mark and Desmond already had underlying problems with each other because the way they didn't like each other didn't just seem it was all because of a girl.

"Nothing." He lied so smoothly.

Now I'm going to make it my mission to find out what was going on with him and Mark. I know, not the best decision but at the end of the day, these are people I really care about.

"I'll let it slide, for now." I told him, lying as well, "I got to go."

"Don't do anything stupid okay?" He said, as if I always do something dumb.