Chapter 4

"I'm telling you mom, I won't start up any drama here, I promise." I hung up quickly without so much as a goodbye, then continued to watch TV with Desmond and the twins.

Mom was already on the phone with me, complaining about how I shouldn't do anything here. Now I know what not to tell my mother.

I simply told her that I got taken in by the popular b!tches on my fist day, and how they invited me to their party on Saturday night.

I understand mom's concern; I acted like Riley back there. Riley and I are the exact same it's terrifying me.

"You going to the party on Saturday?" Desmond asked, taking another bite from his pizza while playing with his hair.

I looked up at him, tugging down my hoodie strings, "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I?"

It was Ray's turn to respond, "She is already the most popular girl in school, I don't think she wouldn't go."

"Ray!" I sat up and glared at him, "I wouldn't really go unless I was forced to."

Desmond turned a curious eye my way, "Forced by who?"

"Anyone." I crossed my arms, "But honestly, I'm going so I can get to know more people."

Desmond laughed lightly, "You've already associated yourself with Riley, there's no way you'd make friends after that."

"Why?"

"Riley is a nice girl, that's the truth. But she does have some...problems." Ryan surprised me by answering, "She doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut."

"That sound familiar to you?" Desmond mocked me, and I suppose these guys had a good sit down with their family about the girl that was going to crash into their lives.

"Yeah, that's me. But thing is," I smiled wickedly, "I know how to defend it."

Ryan turned to Ray, "Why do I smell a suspension coming up real soon?"

Ray shrugged, "Maybe because a suspension is coming soon."

I gave them both glares before focusing on my phone once again. If there's a party tomorrow night, then does that mean I should make a great entrance or-

"Oh yeah Dawn?"

I looked up at Desmond, "Yeah?"

"Tyler is greeting you." He murmured before putting his phone down so he could watch TV.

I felt a warm fuzzy feeling come upon me. Tyler greeting me? How sweet. Now if we can just bump up that greeting to actual conversations;

We're good to go.

Desmond eyed me suspiciously, "What's up with you and Tyler?"

I shrugged and quickly went up the stairs. Aunt Mary would be back in about 3 hours and that mean I had time to myself to look through her bedroom.

See the thing with my aunt is that she trusts me so much that she doesn't even lock her bedroom. All I want to do in there is look through her phone book for Tyler's number.

I didn't even know Tyler's last name, but there was no way I was going to ask Desmond. He didn't seem too happy with the fact that Tyler may or may not like me.

But that's just being overprotective, right?

I finally got to the last floor, panting and sliding down to the ground in able to catch my breath. I almost caught it completely before my phone started ringing.

Riley.

I silently cursed and picked up the phone. All the pressure I had to go through to overthrow someone. Neat.