Chapter 2: R&R

Mort collapsed onto his couch, exhausted and bored. He didn't like being at home, but he wasn't in the mood to work. His curtains were closed and his lights were off, the only source of illumination coming from the sun rays bleeding through his curtain. Mort sunk into his couch, sometimes he wished he would sink inside and go missing. He was constantly annoyed with the silence of his home, the only noise being the constant ticking of a nearby wall clock. He missed the laughter and jokes, he missed her. Mort clicked on the tv, he didn't bother to even pay attention to what was on he just wanted the background noise. He was lost in thought, he couldn't get what happened at work today out of his head. He reached for the notebook on the table and began writing his theories.

Addict? Off pills? Convict? Mental patient? Murderer?

It was weird to Mort, it wasn't everyday your enjoying your life at work and a crazed man busts through the front door. Not to mention everything else about the situation. The man's want for John, it was really weird.

Friends? Enemies?

Though what really made Mort think was Susie. How he instinctively protected her and when she held his hand, it made him feel really weird. Mort went to write something down in his notebook, something about his feelings, but he stopped, he didn't want to think about all that.

Mort got up from his couch and walked over to his kitchen. He opened the fridge and looked inside for something to ease his brain. He searched through the nearly empty fridge but no alcohol. Mort groaned and sighed and grabbed his wallet and keys to head to the store.