Chapter 11: Chief Pollician

Tony walked alongside Mort as they shone their flashlights around the building. Tony had a look on his face like he had a question but was afraid to ask it. "What's up Tony, you look like you want to say something?" Mort said not looking at Tony but just looking down halls and into rooms.

"I was just wondering why you aren't filming yourself or talking for the videos." Tony asked looking up at Mort.

Mort kept walking "At the news station we normally do voice overs for stuff like this, that's what I'm planning on doing."

Tony smiled and nodded "Oh right, I usually just film my voice in the video with my channel but that makes more sense. But I have another question." Tony turned towards Mort who now stopped and turned towards him. Tony looked up at Mort with childlike eyes, he looked like he was between age eight and twenty-two at the same time.

"Why are we really here, I mean we're obviously here for a story, but why?" Tony asked, moving his hands around like he was giving a Ted Talk.

Mort stopped for a second as another cold chill crept up his spine. He didn't even know why he was so scared to tell his friends the truth, maybe he was worried about them leaving but that didn't bother him so much anymore. "It's um" Mort's voice lowered to a whisper "It's because there was "maybe" a murder here."

Tony looked at Mort with wide eyes, wide eyes that were followed with a smile. "What? Who? Here? How did it happen? Can I talk about it on my channel?" Tony asked in a loud whisper which made Mort shush him.

"I don't know all the facts, only that the murderer claims it happened here. And no you can't talk about it on your channel, yet, it's my story." Mort said, trying to calm his eccentric friend.

Tony clenched his fist in shaky excitement "This is so awesome. We're like investigators or, or crime hunters! I promise I won't let you down Chief Pollician." Tony said with a salute.

Mort just stared at him with narrow eyes. "Right, just keep quiet about it," Mort said with a light, confused nod. Tony turned and began walking and filming and Mort followed behind him.