Chapter 12: Red Basment

The three stopped as the long hallway finally came to an end, kind of. The hallway stopped but another hallway intersected it. To the groups right they found a staircase, leading both up and down.

"I think a basement would be a great place to catch some footage for the video." Tony said, gesturing to the stairs leading down.

Mort shrugged and followed Tony who excitingly hopped down the stairs. They lead to the hospital's basement and it was both better and scarier than the upper floors. It had lights but they were dim and gave a much eerier feeling than the upper floor.

Tony walked ahead while Kevin hung back with Mort. "Hey man, how are you doing?" Kevin asked with a gaze directed at Mort.

Mort looked over at him with a questioning gaze but then looked away "I'm fine, why?"

Kevin still kept looking at him "I was just wondering, after last night I was wondering if you were okay." Kevin said with slight worry in his voice.

Mort didn't look at him, every time he looked at Kevin he felt a mix of emotions, all negative. "Yeah I'm fine" Mort said with an annoyed tone.

Mort's tone confused Kevin. "Are you sure? Because your kind of coming off as an asshole right now," Kevin said, talking about Mort's tone and attitude.

Mort turned towards him "Oh I'm sorry, is my tone upsetting you? Well guess what bitch, that's life! You have fucking ups and downs, just ask me. So forgive me if my tone is upsetting you!" Mort said angrily, he still had his rage from yesterday in his mind's backseat.

Now Kevin was pissed as well. "Listen here you emo asshole, if you want to whine and be a downer and mope around all day then be my guest. But you don't get to fucking tell me how to be!"

Mort clenched his fist. He wanted to swing at Kevin, he wanted to punch him right in his stupid good looking face. He wanted to yell, and swear, and call Kevin a bunch of mean insults. But he couldn't, he couldn't bring himself to because he knew Kevin was his friend. The only person who understood how it was.

Mort clenched his fist but his body went soft and his arms began to shake. He just decided to stay quiet, he didn't want to provoke anymore.

"Guys!" Tony voice echoed through the halls, it was loud and panicked. Kevin and Mort swapped worried looks before running down the hall towards where Tony headed.

The two rounded the corner to see Tony looking wide eyed into a room. Tony was making noises, like he was trying to put a sentence together but he kept stuttering. Mort and Kevin slowly walked over to him and he turned in their direction with a scared look on his face. The two crept pass him and look in the room, finally seeing the horror of what Tony saw.

In the room, lying all over the place, were bodies. Bodies of all variations and looks. There were some that had animal sized bite marks on theirs neck, making huge holes where their throats should be. Some were missing limbs and others were charred or melting. The room had a red tint due to the blood covering the single dim light bulb and in the corner of the room was a vent with fog coming through causing a horror vibe to the room. Tony peaked back into the room and immediately vomited as he stared in. Kevin backed out, horrified by what he was seeing, wishing he could wipe his mind. Mort just stood there mortified, he couldn't believe it.

He had seen horrible things before but nothing like this, he was scared. He was scared not only for friends but mostly himself as he wondered if he would survive. Mort turned around and grabbed his friend's hands, even Tony's which was slightly covered in vomit. He grabbed their hands and began running the way they came in. He turned the corner preparing to run up the stairs, but instead he found a tall figure standing in the middle of the hallway.