17(DELILAH)

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

*unedited*

I'm six months along in this terrible pregnancy. I'm having triplets again. It's all girls so we are naming them Crimson, Poppy, and Annie. Nina is not too far away from having her baby which she is naming Gabe Alexander Lombardi. Colby hasn't seen or came near Nina since the night we discussed it. Gabrielle and Vinnie have been a bit clingy since finding out but Nina loves the attention. My phone rings from beside as I stare at the computer. I pick it up and answer it before putting it to my ear.

"Hello, Miss Volkov, this is Nina's doctor and we need you to bring her in right now! I'll explain when you get to the doctors office," Rachelle blurts out.

"Okay, I will have her there ASAP," I reply before hanging up.

All the babies are asleep right now except for Nina. She just stays in her room the majority of the time. It's odd.

I make my way up to her room and knock on the door. I open it up to see her on the floor. I rush over to her and drop to my knees. I roll her over and check her pulse. My heart drops. I grab her phone off the bed and dial 911.

"911, what's your emergency?" The operator asks.

"My daughter is eight and a half months pregnant and she's not moving," I reply.

"What's your address?" The operator asks.

"903 Bullberry rod," I reply.

"Help is on the way ma'am. Stay calm and don't panic."

Nina lays in the hospital in a diabetic coma. The doctor got her results mixed up because she was too busy fucking her nurse. My baby is in the hospital basically dying. As soon as she got here they rushed her into the O.R. to get the baby out before he died.

The doctors said I found her at the right time because any longer the baby would have died. He's up in the nursery with Gabrielle and Vinnie. Dominic is on his way back from Russia.

I've lost all emotions. What does one do when they're first born dies before they do? How do you go on?

"Delilah," Dimitri's voice fills my ears.

I turn around and see Dimitri standing behind me. His face is emotionless. Dimitri pulls me into him and strokes my head.

"Tell me everything in detail," he murmurs.

I pull away from him and lean up against the wall. I run a hand down my face before taking a deep breath. I quietly sigh.

"The doctor got her test results mixed up with another pregnant woman's and I found Nina on the floor of her room. I got her here and they got the baby out and now she's suffering in a coma," I respond. "It's all my fault. I'm a terrible mom and this should've never happened."

"It's not your fault, okay, it's the doctors. I will make sure she loses her license if it's the last thing I do," he whispers.

"This is too much," I murmur.

"Then let me handle everything. Let me figure everything out, okay? I will fix this."

Dimitri pokes my shoulder making me open my eyes. These last couple months have been hard. I've been taking care of all of the babies including Gabe and the new set of triplets. Today is the first day that I've been able to rest without having to leave my room.

Dimitri stands there with a bowl in his hand. I sit up and take it from him. It looks like a paste mixed in with noodles.

"What did you make?" I ask.

"Your favorite but it came from a box," he replies before scrunching his brows together.

"I think I did it right."

I take a quit bite before spitting it back into the bowl. I look up at Dimitri before he chuckles. He takes the bowl away and sits on the edge of the bed.

"What did I miss?" He asks.

"The whole package of the flavoring," I reply making him chuckle.

"I know that everything has taken a toll on you and I was just trying to make it a little bit easier. This is definitely not what the kids had, I promise. I made them mac 'n' cheese," he replies. "Obviously our kids like you more because you can cook properly."

I faintly chuckle and stand up. I kiss Dimitri's chest before walking past him. I make it to the door before stopping in my tracks.

"I'll make us dinner."

All the kids are asleep in their rooms as I make lunch for myself and Winnie, who decided to come visit. She's been in between Nik's house and college. She's been pretty busy.

"So are you and Nik official?" I ask without turning around.

"Delilah," she eerily murmurs.

I turn around to see about six guys dressed in all black with guns strapped to them. One of them takes a step toward me but I take one back. What in the fuck is going on?

"You are to come with us! If you don't this whole house will go up in flames with everyone in it," one them says in a distorted voice.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"If you want your family safe you need to come with us willingly," the same one responds.

"Let her go to my kids," I reply. "I will go if you let her go straight to them."

"Fine," it replies.

Winnie gets up and runs straight to the stairs. The men surround me before one of them hits me across the head with a gun making me fall to the ground. I feel my body being dragged out of the house, across the grass and the concrete. A loud boom fills my ears making me shiver. Loud footsteps surround me as my body is jostled around.

"Oh my god! DELILAH!"