HP +8

<> Y/N <>

"Yoona...how long is this 'character creation' component supposed to be?" I slide the headphones back with my headset, effectively splitting my vision with half of the coffee shop.

"Once you finish choosing a species and a class, you can customize your avatar. Have you gotten there yet?"

"Yeah." The duality of seeing Yoona cleaning the tables while simultaneously looking at my character through the headset gives me vertigo.

"Alright. You're pretty much finished once you end customizing. After that, Ambition lets you choose your spawn area from a few locations."

"I forgot to ask...but what kind of game is Ambition?"

"You're about to find out, aren't you?" Scoffing, Yoona takes her washcloth and throws herself back into her repetitive cleaning.

Oh god, I hope it isn't horror, I internally groan.

Yoona suddenly stands up straight. "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot. Hold on." She runs behind the counter and into the storage area.

When she reappears, she's holding a suit in her hands. "I can't believe I almost forgot about this. I wasn't going to use it for the customers coming in, I just bought it for myself, but we're almost the same size, right?"

"What is that for?" I question. I slide my headset off after confirming the PAUSE function, disabling the omnidirectional floor and all commands.

"It's a haptic suit," she snorts, as though that explains everything.

"And...?"

"Basically, it allows you to feel textures and experience pressure around your body, too. There are a few other hidden functions, but you'll get to those soon enough." She waves her hand as if there isn't anything to worry about. "Go ahead, put it on in the storage room. I won't let you start without it."

Rolling my eyes at Yoona's demand, I make my way to the storage room. As soon as I've come back out, she ogles me from head to toe. "You were born to wear it."

"Pfft. Yeah, okay. Whatever you say." I get myself back into position and double check that everything fits properly before picking up the headset again. I can feel the omnidirectional pad reactivate as it sways a little to the side.

Slipping the headset down, I confront my avatar in the mirror. A prompt floats by my eyes and vanishes almost as quickly.

Haptic suit detected. Configuring settings...

...Complete. Continue.

Inspired by the guy I'd seen on the Ambition billboard, I opted for two smaller white wings on my back. When I reach behind me and graze against the feathers, the haptic feedback gloves astonish me by feeding my senses with their light texture. Accompanied by the wings are a few feathers huddled at the back of my neck. Before, I'd felt nothing, but with the suit on, now I can feel them tickling my skin.

A prompt to my left is asking whether I want my species to be an angel or a fallen angel. My assumption is that currently my white wings signify the "angel" species.

In other words, do I want white wings or black wings?

Not hesitating in the switch, I immediately press my hand against the "fallen angel" option. Black bleeds into the wings until they're coated completely.

Hell yeah.

Touching up on the final details for my avatar, I pluck a golden circlet from the list of accessories and look in the mirror again. The "fallen angel" option also changed my eye color to an enticing scarlet red. Such a demonized avatar makes me feel just a little mischievous.