Chapter 9

You winced as your back hit cold metal bars, along with your head, making a ringing sound appear in your ears. "Tch, all that protesting did you nothing good, sweetheart," a female chuckled darkly as she walked away from your cell. What happened? You were shielding a young black boy from the cops, and then you awoke when you were thrown behind bars. "So, you finally woke up, huh?" Scales popped her bubble gum as she flicked off some dirt from under her nails, looking at you with a bored expression. "W-what happened?" "Some cunt teargassed us multiple times while Tank was doing his little speech. Too much of it went into everyone's lungs except for a few lucky ones. Everyone you saw at the protest, now in jail, just like us." What? There was no possible way, you would've remembered not being able to breathe, or choking out the last few breaths you had. "Wait, how were we down if we all had our masks on?" You asked, and Scales shrugged. "Just happened. I'm assuming once we were blinded, some pig took our masks off. Wouldn't be too surprised."

Tank felt useless. He was barricaded alone in his own cell, and the hallway he was in had almost no lights, except for one flickering one. He sat in the corner, his face in his hands, and his back against the wall, feeling miserable. "Hey! Isn't this that one idiot who said he'd kill us all?" A deep voice chuckled as two cops walked up to Tank's cell. "Pretty sure he is. Too bad he's locked up, though, would've been real nice to beat some info into him," the other chimed in. The silver-haired giant looked up with blood-thirsty eyes, angered. "Keep talking, fatty, I'd still kick your ass," he threatened, sending shivers down their spines. "You're fucking lucky I've been forced in here, but know that once I get out, you're going to have to look out for yourselves." "Keep talking, tall bitch, you'll be here for life," The shorter of the duo retorted, yet Tank disappeared from his spot in the corner, and was now eye level with him, his lips curling into a thin smile. "Oh, I wouldn't be so sure of that, sir. All that's holding me back from you are these bars, and I can assure you, I'm too clever for you smooth-brained idiots."

Scales frowned as she sighed for what felt like the umpteenth time from the top bed, her only enjoyment being her dangly fuzzy-bear earrings. This in turn, caused you to think of the few memories you'd had at the squad's home. From arriving, to being fucked, to going to get groceries, until you reached the memory of Nickelodeon's tribute. This angered you, made you enraged, but you didn't have the energy to feel it, so your mind wandered on how to escape. "Man, this place sucks," The jet-black haired girl complained, and you piped up, saying, "Let's escape." "Hmm?" "Let's find a way to leave, and go back out there! They clearly couldn't catch all of us, there's still people out there protesting!" Scales hopped down from her bed, and sat cross-legged in front of your bed, waiting for you to continue. "Go on.." "Well, I don't have an idea, but we'll see what we can do, and then-" "ROLE CALL!"