Chapter 15

//; a lot of y'all REALLY didn't like option b- i agree- i guess i tried to find a way to pipe down the scales enthusiasts but it didn't work- i didn't like it either, so i'll probably scrap it-

As you finished showering, you let your hair down for it to dry, before heading to go to sleep.  However, when you found your cell, Scales was already asleep in the top bed, and Tank was laying on the bottom bed. You walked in slowly before you felt your boyfriend yank you onto the bed, hiding his face in your neck. "Mmm, hi, princess," he murmured against your neck, making you chuckle and stroke his hair. "Hi, my little bean," you replied, before he looked down at you curiously. "Y/N, how come you call me little bean?" "Well, because you might be tall, but your actions make you seem soft and adorable! So, I chose an adorable nickname!" He nodded and pulled you down to lay beside him. He put the blanket over your bodies, and held you close to him, allowing you to sleep peacefully as you listened to his heartbeat.

A loud and deafening noise awoke you and Tank with a start, making you both look around wildly. "What the hell was that?" the olive-eyed male yawned as he sat up, stretching his arms. 'Where's Scales?' you thought, before the familiar voices of Riot and Chief snapped you out of your thoughts. "Tank! Y/N! Hurry up, someone blew up the entrance so we can leave!" Chief called out as he opened your cell, Tank grabbing your hand to lead you. "Wait, but what about our gear?" He asked, and the soft twin held up several backpacks full of everyone's spec ops gear. Tank squeezed your hand tightly, trying to soothe his nerves, before screaming alarms started blaring. This caused other cellmates to start waking up, not realizing what was happening. "Everyone, leave! The main entrance was blown up!" Riot called out, waving the protesters in a specific direction. Chief, you, and Tank started following after the group, which was ushered outside.

Where were the pigs in all of this? Wouldn't they try to lock up everyone? Just seconds after you'd managed to escape, the building was torched. Everyone was watching as the building was going up in flames, and heard screams come from inside. "Yup, that's definitely them inside," you heard Tank mutter, before you noticed Riot had pulled out his sunglasses, which were decorated with poppies. To this, you smiled, and watched one last time as the prison sparkled in flames. When you went to turn around, you noticed Scales walking to the group, wearing a mask with black clothing instead of the usual orange outfit, and was holding an empty tank of oil. You waved at her, but she didn't acknowledge you. As a matter of fact, she ignored you completely, and stood beside Chief, causing you to wonder what her problem was. 'Was this about earlier? The fuck did I do?' you thought as you shrugged it off, before Tank called out the the protesters. "The fight for Black Lives Matter is not over! As a matter of fact, I don't think it'll be over for a long time! But, no matter what, we will keep fighting alongside each other! Get some rest at home for the protests! Tomorrow, I fear we may face a bigger opponent."