Chapter 24: July 16th

Only July 16th, Liddan awoke in his bed with both Marigold and Malcon sitting on top of him

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!" They shouted. Liddan laid puzzled and a bit scared, seeing they had broken in through the window.

"Oh! I made you breakfast!" Marigold said as she scrambled over to Liddan's nightstand where she set it earlier.

She steps off the bed and tugs on Liddan's shoulder so he'll sit up. She hands him a plate of pancakes with chocolate chips and assorted fruits.

"Ta da!" Marigold cheered.

Liddan remains on his bed, still in shock, trying to think of a way to properly react in this situation. He simply shrugs and takes a bite of the pancakes.

Pleased, he gives a thumbs up and mumbles through a mouth full of food, "This is really good,  thanks."

Marigold grins as Malcon repeatedly jumps up and down on Liddan's stomach.

After finishing a few pancakes, it suddenly comes to mind that an attractive young girl entered, no, perpetrated his room. Soon when his parents get up they'll open the door and see Marigold sitting on his bed in the morning.

Liddan begins to panic a bit, as Marigold obliviously sat eating her share of the pancakes. The door swings open and Lucy and Natsu swagger in.

"Hey Marigold, thanks for the pancakes." Natsu said, with a plate of them in his hand.

Lucy chomped down on some as well, as did Jude.

Liddan sits in his bed, shocked by his family's actions. "You were so easily seduced by food!!" He cries.

"Is that a bad thing? These pancakes are really good." Malcon said as he ate a pancake.

Before long, Nashi joined the party and almost everyone in Dragneel family was eating pancakes in Liddan's bedroom.

"Oh, where's Layla?" Marigold asked once she noticed her absence.

"Eh...she isn't a morning person." Nashi mumbled.

"Oh come on! Nothing wakes a person up more than pancakes." Marigold stepped outside of the room with a plate of pancakes. It's wasn't even two minutes later when she returned with a look of horror on her face.

Locking the door behind her she whispered, "Everyone quiet! I don't think she knows we're in this room! So don't blow our cover."

Lucy snickers as she watches Marigold move the dresser in front of the door.

"So Liddan, when will you be ready to move out? After 18 you've got pack up go." Lucy said, a bit sternly but with his interests in mind.

"Hmmm, well, first I need a place to stay." Liddan looks over to Marigold. "Hey, wanna be roommates?"

"Sure, why not?" Marigold replies, chewing on her assorted fruit.

Lucy jumps back on shock and runs to Natsu in tears.

"Natsu!!! Our little boy became a man!!!" She cried.

"Yes, yes. Calm down Lucy. Calm down." Natsu replied, patting his disorientated wife's head. He thinks for a moment and then says, "Hey, look at the bright side! Two down, two to go! We're half way done!"

"Yes, I suppose that makes me feel a bit better." Lucy sniffled.

Liddan and Nashi make a face of disgust. "Well we never loved you anyway."