Chapter 11: Dear Memories

Liddan sits staring at Marigold as she cleans the kitchen up.

"What?" she grumbled with her hands rose from the counter she cleaned, inching upwards as she held her hands up as to proclaim her innocence.

His head was resting on his crossed arms that sat peacefully on the counter, his determined watch puzzled Marigold. He lifted his head slightly to answer. "I was just curious. How many places have you gone in your life?" Liddan said, pondering the many assorted tails she'd told them about her travels before Fairy Tail.

Marigold pulled her finger up, scratching her cheek as she looked up wondering the number of journeys she'd taken herself. "Well, I lost count. I've been through forests, and jungles, even discovered an island once." She explained as her allowed her mind to ghost over her previous life of wild adventures. Well, her life is in a way wild now, but much more controlled in her opinion.

"Why'd you go?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Number of reasons, I'd lived in the same place my entire life, wanted to get away, and escape."

"We're you'd live before?"

A grin tugged at her lips, for a reason unbeknownst to herself. "Real small town, called Pride."

Liddan flinched, he'd heard the name before, but where? His head sprung up fully, his arms uncrossing as he locked his eyes with Marigold's "Tell me about Pride. What was it like?" His eyes were exuberant, as was his voice now. 

"Well...what's to say?" Marigold takes a breath, "I grew up on a farm. I learned how to use magic there. I had an older brother. A mom, a dad. A dog too. His name was Leonidas."

The two hear the quiet growl of Malcon, and turn there heads to the couch he sat on a small distance from the open kitchen

"Traitor..." the cat hissed in disappointment or Marigold's mere relations to a dog.

"Don't you miss your family?" Liddan asked, ignoring the mourning of Malcon in Marigold's apparent betrayal.

"Well...yeah. But I think they're better off without me." Marigold fiddles with her thumbs, a small blush on her face. She didn't want to think of her family, not now.

"Did you have any friends?" 

"Um...not really."

"Really?" His face was puffed up in a form of arrogance much rather than pity, he looked as though he were doing his best to hold in a laugh.

Marigold growled lowly before taking in a breath and returning to her calm stature. "Yep, unfortunately, you're the first person who's ever been my friend. Which when you think about it, is pretty sad. I had YOU for my first friend."

"Hey." His eye brows furrow, his arrogance having been melted swiftly.

Marigold smiles. Liddan does too. "Was it lonely?"

"No." She said, coldly.

Erza say anxious in the storage room, surrounded by Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Happy, and Carla. 

"We lost him. But we know that members of the security team must have been involved..." she said.

Gray scratches his head. "So, the security team wanted to take the money. So they chose something they knew everyone in the guild would be afraid of, and when someone tried to warn us, they threatened them. Who were all the members who were kidnapped?"