In Plain Sight

Selena’s POV

Who the fuck died and made him king? Shut up, you know you loved having his hands all over you! Yes, even though his very presence made me weak kneed that didn’t mean I had to get on my back and spread my legs for him! But you know you want to… I internally rolled my eyes and let out a huff, bringing myself back to my current situation.

I looked over at Alexander, to find that his green eyes were already on me. I found myself staring until I blurted out,

“Look, could you stop being a total creeper and keep your eyes on the road?”

He narrowed his eyes at me, before shaking his head and pulling into a wooded area on the side of the road.

“Well, we’re here anyway…” he said, trailing off as he looked somewhere deep into the forest.

“What? You abducted me from school so you could show me a bunch of trees?” I said, my brows furrowing.

His head whipped around, and he looked at me like he was confused. His head cocked to the side, and he looked at me again. I wasn’t sure if I liked his constant eye contact yet. My cat purred whenever his eyes landed on me but it made me feel felt so open, like he was seeing me stripped bare. Like you wouldn’t like that.

“Do you really not know where we are?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes because, clearly, I had no idea why he had taken me here.

“I really have no idea.” I retorted.

He looked down for a second before he jumped out of his side of the car, ran over to my side, opened my door, and gently helped me out of the car.

“Come with me Selena.” He said before he started to pull me along deeper into the forest.

“Hey! Wait! Are you gonna rape me?! I’m stronger than I look! Ouch! You’re hurting my wrist!” I yelled.

He said nothing as he continued to pull me along. Although his grip was tight, it was kind of a turn on.  I tried to shake that thought from my mind. He let out an aggravated huff, and glanced back in my direction.

At that moment, I saw something snap in his eyes. It’s like a part of him had collapsed; allowing something darker, more animalistic take hold. Before I had the chance to witness more of this transformation, he brashly took me in his arms and easily threw me over his shoulder like a sack of freaking Idaho potatoes. Something deep inside me, within my beast awoke at that moment. It was like a whole new spark had ignited, its fuse beginning within me and ending somewhere deep inside of him.

He broke out into an inhuman sprint. Didn’t he just hurt his ankle? As much as part of me was fighting to protest, I was left paralyzed by his touch.

After what seemed like a few minutes of heavy silence, he stopped in a small clearing and dropped me to the ground. I let out a small shriek, surprised by his rough manner. I looked up at him with scared eyes; his back was facing me as he took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair. A small part of me was confident that he wouldn’t hurt me, but that was only a small part.

As he turned around, I noticed his eyes had changed from a mossy green to an almost light grey green with a ring of gold that glowed. It was clear that he was trying to control his almost erratic breathing as his changed eyes started down at me. He took another deep breath before his voice boomed throughout the forest,

“Do you know where we are Selena? You can’t tell me that this place means nothing to you! How can you act like you don’t know me? What have I done for you to reject me?”

His voice was so loud and filled with anguish that even the trees stayed still and the animals stopped to listen. I started to back up, his gaze still fixed upon my helpless figure clinging to the forest floor. What was he talking about? I started to slowly shake my head, and put the pieces together.

The conclusion that I came to was impossible, it couldn’t be true, even if it was the only answer I could come up with given everything that’s happened; and that’s what scared me the most. 

*** 

Hey, I know its short but I am working on the next chapter and I hope to have it up by tomorrow. Thank you to all the new fans and to everyone who reads and votes. Please feel free to comment, I love hearing from all of you! :)

Please: Vote, Comment, Fan <3