111 - We Met In the Forest 🇺🇸🇩🇪

Making people in my stories live through want I want makes me feel... better?
My neighbours are smoking up a storm and it's drifting right into my window. YuMm WeEd.

Usually, Germany was good at most things, but hunting was something he was the worst at. He chased after the fox, trying to be stealthy. But that wasn't how you usually describe a wyvern, was it? No, that's how you describe a Fae (omg it's my name :0).

Germany stumbled over the unearthed roots of trees, cursing under his breath. There was a whimper in the forest, along with a low growl. Germany froze. He jumped into a tree, he was decent at hiding. He peeked around the trunk of the tree and saw a beautiful dragon.

He was a gorgeous pearl white, crimson swirls decorating his limbs and tail. His wings were large and a wonderful shade of blue with white stars decorating the underside of them. His eyes were narrow and a brilliant blue. He held the dead fox under his talons, looking around for—supposedly—the person who frightened it.

The handsome dragon made Germany feel self-conscious about his colour palette of black, red, and gold. He also made Germany want to come out of his hiding spot and greet the unusual dragon.

"I know you're there," the dragon said. "Come out peacefully and I maybe won't hurt you."

Germany yelped at the sudden sound, toppling out of the tree and landing directly in front of the dragon. He looked up sheepishly, quickly standing up on his two legs.

"Who are you?" The dragon asked, stepping closer. Germany could hear the crunch of the fox's bones under his weight.

"Ah— Ich— Deut— Germany," Germany stuttered, quickly whipping from German to English.

The dragon leaned closer, making the German feel very uncomfortable and very panicky (and also very gay, but he wouldn't dare admit that). Germany leaned back, avoiding eye contact. Germany's heart was racing, his entire body hot and his scales clammy. He scratched the grass under his with his sharp talons, trying to calm his gayness.

"I'm the United States of America, but you can call me America," the dragon said, leaning back again. Germany let out a long, quiet breath.

"I'll see you around, then," Germany said, spreading his wings. He pushed off, soaring into the sky.

Over the next few weeks, Germany only saw America once, catching a fox again. Germany was about to greet him when the dragon took off. Germany slowly gave up on seeing him ever again, thinking it was just his imagination. He was neglected as a kid, so it could be his want for another person to care about him.

Now, the wyvern was out on his own. He had left his home and set out to find something exciting.

He just left the meeting of the beautiful dragon to his imagination.

He hoped.

487