Chapter 2 - sounds like a bit of competion

It was the truth that it had been a while since Hiccup Haddock had really entered any surfing competition, but why would he ? To him , he thought that he didn't need to compete in every competition his friend and sort of business partner Dylan found . He didn't need to go and prove his surfing talent to every juvenile , infantile competition . To him , his talent spoke for himself .

"Come on Hiccup , when are you going to try and get back out there ?" Hiccup his mate Dylan walk up to him , his footsteps evident on the marble floor of his home.
He too a deep breath in and looked back to his friend " god" he trailed out " I don't know , I didn't think I needed too". The whole idea seemed to annoy him at an extent . He didn't want to go out there show people his winning moves incase they stole them
"Hiccup" it was clear through his voice that the whole situation got a little under Dylan skin as well . I mean you couldn't blame him . He always tried to put Hiccup out there , show him off to the world as some champion surfer that others wouldn't dare to cross . But the clock felt like it was ticking faster , it wouldn't take long for someone to overthrow Hiccup and it was coming . Dylan had herd and seen a few of the stories that came over the last several weeks . Some blonde chick climbing up the ranks.
"You have to get out there ! You'll lose your titles if you stop competing"

"I'll think about it" Hiccup sighed looking around hoping to find something to distract himself with. Surfing sounded like a good option and luckily for himself he didn't have to go far either , for his birthday a couple years ago hiccup was blessed by his parents with own indoor surfing machine.
" seriously will you though" Dylan then questioned as he took a step in front of Hiccup . He watched as he rolled his eyes with pure arrogance submerged deep within. " look you have to take this seriously . There are people starting to climb the ranks" Dylan spoke being dead serious.

"Like who ? There's no way it's possible trust me" Hiccup shrugged it off and took his friend to his side , wrapping his arm around his shoulder. To Dylan this became so amusing, to watch his friend continue to become oblivious to the threats that were coming for his title. Apart of wanted to wait out this storm and to watch this new comer a run for hiccups titles . But he new he couldn't do this to his very best friend he couldn't let that happen . No way he could . No matter what he could do he's make sure that Hiccup would rain supreme.

To hiccups works , Dylan let out a small chuckle as he raised his eyebrow " yeah totally" he started " cause there's no blonde Hofferson girl coming straight for your title , I mean she's practically dancing circles around you that even you can't see"

"Hofferson ?"

"Yes" smirking he knew he had gotten Hiccups attention for the moment "I've seen her on the news . She's pretty good some say ever better than you my friend"

He scoffed unable to believe the news he was receiving was true " then how come I've never herd of this Hofferson girl , if you wanna claim she's so good". The smirk that he had plastered over his face showed his confidence was glowing on the inside.
"Because my friend... you never take the time to care about the competition anymore"he smile crawled upon his face as he watched the cogs in the back of Hiccup head start to turn as if the words he spilled into his ear were the oil starting him up again " why don't you check her out , it might be worth the look" he took an relaxed breath out "who knows you might even battle it out with her and of course win"