Chapter Eight

I woke up in the night and yawned, I quickly located my Torchlight and checked the time, it was past 12, I yawned again and rubbed my stomach with my left hand.

I stood up and yawned again, I walked to the door and heard my aunt's voice in the parlor, it was obvious that she was on the phone. I paused and decided to eavesdrop.

"She's asleep". I heard her say and that indicated that they were talking about me.
"No, I got it all covered, she doesn't know you're the one, we'll take her down soon, she feels growing up in France is an achievement". She said.

My heart raced.
"Sorry, I can't hear you, let me increase the volume". She said and I could tell that it was a man she was talking to.

I couldn't really pinpoint the voice but it was definitely familiar.
"Her mother's a bitch, I've always envied her even though she's my blood sister". She said.
"If I may ask, why?" The man asked.

"She's got everything, a handsome man, a great job, a beautiful grown-up daughter almost finishing her secondary school and I'm just a cheap prostitute". She answered.

I could understand her pain but she never asked for help, my mother would help her.

"Life isn't fair, I remembered when I killed someone at first, I couldn't get over it, I was traumatized that I couldn't do anything for a whole week but now I kill people with no fear". He said and my heart beat increased rapidly, I wanted to leave the house immediately but there was no where to run to, the next day was Sunday.

"I'm still wondering if I should kill Toni now". My aunt said.
Suddenly, she walked to the kitchen and I couldn't hear what he replied her. I trembled and shivered.

I quickly locked my door and called Charles on my phone. "Pick up". I mumbled as it rang. He didn't pick, I called him again and he picked.

"Charles". I said and didn't realize that I had started crying.
"Hey, what's wrong?". He asked
"Charles, my aunt wants to kill me, she's a murderer". I answered with tears in my eyes.

"What?". He asked shocked. "Don't leave the house, just stay in your bedroom and sleep". He added.
"Sleep?". I asked rhetorically almost shouting. "I can't even blink or close my eyes, she's probably on her way here with a knife in her hand to kill me". I added.
"But....."

She knocked on my door and my heart raced, I quickly cut the line and switched off my phone, I hid it under the bed and cleaned my eyes.
"I gave a spare key here, I'll open this door". She warned.

I heard the jingles of her key outside the door and I laid on the bed pretending to be asleep.
A minute later, I heard the door open slowly and I heard footsteps behind me, she was obviously in the room. I prayed in my mind that she wasn't trying to kill me.

"The witch is even asleep, I won't kill you now, you're to go to jail, that's the plan so I'll stick with it". She said and laughed. Then she left and I heard the door close. I quickly jumped up and tiptoed to the door. I locked it immediately.

*****************************
I woke up and yawned, it was already Sunday, my aunt didn't like going to church so we stayed at home and I didn't blame, why will a demon go to church?.

I stood up and went to the bathroom, I quickly brushed my teeth and had a quick bath. I didn't even use soap, I was scared and imagined different things. I came out of the bathroom and was shocked to see my aunt in my room.

"Give me some privacy, please". I said.
"Privacy?" She asked and chuckled. "Do you realize that this is my house?" She asked.

"And this is also my room, don't forget that". I answered.
"Fine, I'll leave your room". She said.
"Wait". I called her back. "What were you doing in my room?" I asked.
"Nothing, I just came to check on you". She answered and left hurriedly.

My phone rang and I picked it immediately. "Hello Charles".
"I'm at the door, we need to talk". He said and cut the line.
I carried my phone and went out of the house.

"Hey". I said as I saw him.
"You don't go to church, do you?" He asked.
"I used to but my aunt said I shouldn't go anymore". I answered.
"I'm supposed to be in the church now but I sneaked out just to talk to you". He said and I smiled.

"Thanks, why didn't you talk to me on Friday?" I asked.
"I can't talk to you in school, please forgive me but I'm going to pretend to hate you in school, you'll also have to pretend that you hate me". He answered.

"But I can't, I don't hate you, I don't hate anyone and one more thing I can't lie". I said.

"I'm talking about your future here, if you want evidence that will make you free and send the murderers to jail". He said.
"Murderers?" I asked surprised.
"Yes, they're more than one". He answered.

"And how do you know?" I asked.
"I'm gathering evidence and I already know the murderer, just one of them and that's the male, there's a female".
"Who's the male?" I asked.

"I can't tell you yet, keep looking for evidence that will actually prove your innocence and follow my instructions". He answered.

"Ok, I will". I said and my aunt yelled my name from inside. I turned towards the door and shouted "I'm coming".

Immediately I turned back, he was gone. I looked behind me, no one was there. He left without a good bye.

I walked into the house, my aunt wasn't in the parlor so I went to unplug her phone from where she plugged it, I wanted to get the name of who she talked to last night.

I opened her phone and went to her contacts, the whole list was cleared, no missed calls, no dialed number.

Just then, I heard her footsteps behind me. "What are you doing with my phone?" She asked and my heart raced.

To be continued

Who do you think murdered Lucy Isidore?
Don't forget to vote and comment