Chapter Eighteen

His leg was bleeding, I gasped.
"What happened to your leg?" I asked.
"It's nothing, just a little cut"
"Well, it doesn't seem little to me, how did it happen?"
"It's Mr Douglas, I tried to escape through the bathroom window and ended up injuring myself." He answered.
"There should be a sanitizer in this room." I said standing up.

I walked over to the cupboard and opened it, i searched frantically for a tissue and sanitizer and I found them in a small kit. I handed him the tissue and sanitizer as I sat down near him.

His hands were shaking as he used the tissue to wipe away the blood. He rubbed the sanitizer into the cut, I took the bloodstained tissue and threw it in the dustbin.

"Thanks." He appreciated with a smile.
"You're welcome." I replied and the door swinged open, Mr Douglas walked in with my aunt.
I wasn't shocked, I knew she would come to mock me, she was definitely working for the Red Viper.

"Ohh, my little niece, Toni Jade, hope you like it in here or do you prefer to be relocated to hell?." She asked me and my eyes widened.
"You're just a puppet." I answered.
"Just shut up, I'm going to make sure that Red Viper sends you off to Italy for prostitution and to be an assassin." She said.

"I'm not going to be an assassin or a prostitute." I replied.
"Like you had a choice, just stop playing smart"
"Just wait till I'm out of here, I'm going to make you pay for your crimes."

"No, don't be so dumb, I don't think you should pry into the Red Viper's affairs, just so you know, Lucy tried to find out somethings about her and Red Viper ordered for her death, I and Lillian killed her."
"You disgust me." I replied.
"I even had a taste of her before she died, I raped her, I might do the same before killing you".

"You won't kill her while I'm here." Richard said sternly.
"And why won't you, who gives a fuck on what you say? I honestly don't know the reason she said you would be useful, you seem pretty useless to me." Mr Douglas warned.
"It's best if you separate them." My aunt suggested to him and he frowned.

"Red Viper gave specific instructions not to separate them." He replied as his phone rang.
"Hello madam... Why madam?.... I'm sorry madam, I'll do as you have instructed." He said and switched off his phone.

"The summit was cancelled because of the recent pandemic in Nigeria, the Corona Virus issue, she wants us to move them to the mansion." He said.
"But why? This wasn't the main plan."

"Where are we going?."
"We're going to see the Red Viper." He replied. Go to the bathroom and bath, you both stink, make sure to arrange this room before I come back, there are two towels there, we'll leave very early tomorrow morning in the van." He said.

I walked to the bathroom and closed the door behind me, the bathroom consisted of a bathtub, a toilet and a sink with a shattered mirror nailed to the wall.

"Don't try anything funny." Mr Douglas shouted from outside and I frowned.
I stepped into the bathtub, the water was cold, when I was done scrubbing the soap over my body, I just came out of the bathtub and splashed water on my body crying.
Tears tickled in my eyes.

I took a towel and cleaned my body. "Mr Douglas said I should give you this clothes." Richard said from outside.
"Drop it and close your eyes." I replied

"Why should I close my eyes?" He asked.
"Please, just do it." I answered and opened the door, he was facing the window not looking at me.
I took the black shirt and wore it, I also wore the blue jeans and sat down.

"You can look now." I said and he smiled as he looked at me. He seemed to stare in confusion. "What's wrong?" I asked.
"No, you look really beautiful." He answered.
"Thanks." I said as Richard held a piece of bread up to my lips, I opened my mouth and chewed on the piece of wheat bread he gave me the bottle water and I hurriedly slipped the liquid down my throat.

"I like you." He said and I pretended not to hear that. I stood up and walked to the door, I tried opening it but it was totally locked.
"It's getting late already." I said and he sighed.

"I'll sleep on the floor, you can sleep on the bed." He suggested.
"I can't, I mean, I can't let you sleep on the floor because you've been here before me."
"Just do as I say. Sleep on the bed, you'll have to be strong." He said.
"Thanks." I said and climbed the bed, I placed my head on the pillow and tried to sleep, I just couldn't.

My parents would be worried about me if I didn't come back home.
"I'm an orphan." He said and I sat up.
"Orphan?" I asked and he nodded.
"I lost both parents then I was just six, I was staying with my uncle before Mr Douglas kidnapped me." I answered.

"I'm so sorry."
"No, you don't have to be sorry, it was their fault, my father worked for the Red Viper." He said and my eyes widened.
"How? What?." I wanted to bombard him with questions but I changed my mind.

"He was given a job and he failed to carry out her job perfectly, he made some errors and also stole her private funds, she sent some men to kill him and they made it look an accident."

"She's really heartless, I can't wait to see her, I'm going to rip her face off her skin."
"You would be dead before you even get the chance to do so." He replied. "You keep on forgetting that we're in Nigeria, we're not in an action country like China or America and this woman is a Nigerian American that deals with action, it's just like being on a suicide mission." He said.
"That's why we must find a way to escape." I replied.

To be continued
I'm sorry for the late update ❤️
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️