Chapter Twelve

"Satisfied huh?". I asked as we came out of the Management room.
"I'm not satisfied with you yet until you go to jail". She answered
"I don't know where I went wrong, I thought we were friends".

"Yes, that's it, you thought we were friends, we were never friends, remember I almost let you drown". She said and my heart raced.
"No, you didn't, it's not you, you didn't push me into the swimming pool to die".

"I did".
"Then why did you rescue me from drowning?" I asked.
"That was because some teachers were coming that way and I had to rescue to you so they wouldn't suspect me". She answered.

Flashback

"Actually, I don't know why they don't let us swim in this swimming pool, they said a student once drowned here". I said to Kemi and she chuckled.

"Can you swim?" She asked.
"No". I answered.
"Then what do you want to do?".
"I just want to stay at the edge of the swimming pool".
"Ok, wait here, I'm going to the toilet". She replied and left.

I chuckled and looked at the swimming pool, I was almost removing my school uniform to swim when someone pushed me into the pool.

I landed in the water and was almost sinking, I swam up and raised up my head, I couldn't breathe and I couldn't swim. "Help". I screamed before I sank down.

The icy water shook my system as I plunged beneath the surface of the water. My heart raced and my chest tightened as the cold fist of understanding squeezed the breath out of me.

Water brushed against lips and invaded my nose, I let out a deep breath to blow the water out. My chest was on fire, i needed to breath.

I began to sink lower in the pool with water rushing into my nose and mouth. The water snuggled in around me again as I sank, My chest still felt like it was on fire. I forced my arms and legs to move and I popped my head up above the water. "Help me". I screamed before sinking down again.

I remembered my parents as I slowly lost consciousness. I took a deep breath as the water embraced me and pulled me deeper, I watched a few bubbles of air escape my mouth.

All of a sudden, I felt someone touch me, the person carried me out of the water and I began coughing, I vomited water.

"I thought you were going to wait for me before you decided to swim". Kemi said as I continued coughing.

When I had gotten a bit better, we walked to class and I told her. "Someone pushed me into the pool". I said.
"I don't think so".
"But you weren't there".
"Who knows that we came to swim, I don't think anyone pushed you, you must have unconsciously fallen into the pool". She replied.

End of Flashback

"So it was you". I said angrily and slapped her. "You bitch". I pushed her angrily and she fell to the floor. She stood up and gave me a punch, I pushed her and she hit her head on the wall.

"What did I ever do to you?" I asked.
"Everything, you were the best in class even though you barely stayed for a month, you were the guys in our class crush even though you never associated yourself with them, you came from France and you speak French, what can I speak?". She lamented.

"You lied that you were traveling to the States". I said.
"I didn't lie, my father was caught in a robbery crime and he was sent to jail while I and my mom were deported back to Nigeria". She replied.

"Well, we've become enemies because you watched me almost die in the pool that day, I almost felt my heart stop beating, my life was going to end that day and you just had fun as you watched me drown".

"I still regret saving you from drowning, I had to because of the teachers". She replied.

"I have some little advice for you". I said and walked to where she was. "Fuck you". I added and chuckled.

"Watch your back". She said as I walked to the class.
"Tell that to your good-for-nothing papa". I replied and cleaned my mouth with a napkin where she gave me a punch.

I walked into the class like a champion and sat down. My classmates looked at me and I packed my books in my bag.
Mr Douglas walked in with his textbook, he taught Economics so I had to stay back.

"Hello class".
"Hi sir". They responded but I didn't, I wasn't even in the mood to look at him, I wondered what I ever did to him.

"Toni Jade". He called out and I stood up. "I have gotten permission from the principal, go and clean my house in the teacher's apartment". He ordered and I walked out of the class with my school bag.

I walked to the teacher's quarters and went straight to his house, the door was opened so I walked in and found out that the place was unnecessarily dirty, he intentionally made his house dirty so I could clean it.

As I bent down to pick the dirts, the door opened and Mr Douglas ran in with haste and locked the door. I stood up immediately and took a broom from the corner.

"So what have you gotten so far because I know you've been investigating Lucy's death?". He asked.

"Nothing sir". I answered.
"Do you know I can prove to them that you're innocent?"

Of course, I knew it was a lie but I played along. "How sir?" I asked.

"I have always wanted to taste you". He answered and my heart raced. "Can we do it now? I want us to do it now, should we go to my room?". He asked.

"I don't understand sir". I asked as my heart beat increased rapidly. I was scared.

"Now don't you pretend cause you know what I mean". He said and dragged me forcefully.

To be continued ❤️❤️
Now don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️