Chapter Seventeen

I walked straight to the door of the house and I was surprised to see that it was opened. I walked in and slammed the door behind me. I tiptoed to his bedroom, he wasn't there, I saw some letters on his bed and I picked them.

The letter was from a woman, "Red Viper". I laughed and dumped the letter on the bed. I walked out of the room even though my mind was telling me to read the letter.

I checked under the cupboard and saw a knife covered with blood. I brought it out and looked at it with fear. Then I saw him....

He pushed me and I fell to the ground, he tried to stab me in the ankle but I prevented it by holding the butt of the gun and swinging it into his thrusting arm.

He growled back at me in contempt, he kicked my hands as I made efforts to stand up. I groaned in pain as he finger me across the chair and I landed with a flailing splash.

I struggled to stand up as I grabbed his hand, twisted it behind his back and kicked his knees. He hit his my stomach with his elbow and three his arms forward and grabbed me, I started to scream but he clasped his hand over my mouth, muffling my screams. He tugged his arms back pressing ur in my stomach and I cried in pain.

"You're a foolish girl, I'm sure Red Viper will be happy that I've caught you, you were an obstacle to her plans." He said and he snatched my phone from my pocket, I was too weak to do anything, he smashed the phone to pieces in my presence and my heart raced.

He opened the bedroom door and pushed me inside. "Don't bother screaming, no one will hear you, the teachers have gone for a summit and there's no one in the school except me." He said and walked out of the room closing the door.

I let out a muffled cry, he had destroyed my phone, there was no way to contact my parents and he made mention of the Red Viper, who could she be?

The Red Viper....

My heart beat increased, no, I had to escape, I ran to the door and hit the door hard. "Let me out of here, you bastard". I screamed and I heard a voice from inside the room I was in. A soft masculine voice which made me calm, I turned back and saw a Nigerian boy of about my age or a little bit older than me.

I was in a mess to have noticed him when he pushed me inside his bedroom. "What did you say?" I asked.
"It's futile, no one would hear you and it's just useless trying to escape, he'll probably sell you to red Viper who will send you to Italy for prostitute".

"It's like you don't know me, I'm a Nigerian but I have fighting skills, I'm going to make sure she doesn't send me to Italy" I replied.

"Where did you learn how to fight?" He asked.
I sat down on the floor and heaved a sigh. "I stayed in France until my parents sent me back to Nigeria recently, I learnt how to fight back there".

"You're lucky, I don't even know how to use a gun but Mr Douglas assured me that he will teach me".
"Wait, are you happy to be in this condition, you want to learn how to use a gun". I replied angrily.

"I'm Richard Adeyemi". He said. "And you?" He asked.
"Toni Jade".
"Cute girl with a cute face". He commended and I blushed. I slapped myself immediately, I was blushing when I suppose to be finding how to escape.

"We need to escape".
"Speak for yourself, here's wonderful, in three days time, he'll be taking me to Red Viper".
"Who's this Red Viper?". I asked.
"She's a Nigerian-American, her real name is Kaby Henshaw, she's the owner of all crimes in Nigeria, she's the one who gives out orders to murder people, the police have tried to capture her but she escapes each time". He said and I nodded.

"So the Red Viper is a criminal and she recruits criminals."
She must have been the one who ordered them to kill Lucy Isidore, my aunt works for her as a prostitute and she's the madam, my aunt always come. My aunt wasn't just a prostitute, she was an assassin.

It makes sense...
"Hey, are you thinking?" He asked.
"Of course, I should be thinking of ways to escape".
"Why are you so dramatic?" He asked.
"Dramatic? You're so dumb".

"We should be getting to know each other instead of fighting." He suggested and I frowned.
"I'm not interested". I replied standing up, I checked the window, it was totally locked and there was a burglary outside.

"You'd better not think of breaking that glass because he will kill you". He warned.
"Shut up, insolent child". I answered angrily and walked to the door.

"Help me". I screamed. "A mad man wants to kidnap me and sent me to an old woman for prostitute, help me".  I screamed again but to no avail. He was right, there was no teachers in the school compound, it was the annual teachers summit and it would take a week.

I sank to the floor in frustration as I remembered my parents, they definitely would be worried when they find out that I've gone missing.

Tears tickled in my eyes and I looked at Richard. "C'mon, it's going to be alright, I'll protect you". He said and I started laughing, I didn't even know how to stop laughing that my stomach hurt.
"No Richard, we'll protect each other." I said.

"So do you mind using my help". He said standing up and he staggered and fell down to his feet.
"What's wrong?" I asked and he showed me his leg, I was shocked at what I saw.

To be continued...
What do you think will happen? Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️❤️❤️