Chapter Twenty-One

I pushed her and grabbed her by the neck swinging her on the table with a thud. She kicked me hard in the chest knocking me with a force that threw me to the floor.
I fell on the floor and found him running away, I sprang up in pain and began climbing the stairs.

I had started to hear gunshots, I was sure the police were already here, I saw her and enter a room. I walked into the room scared. "Where are you?" I asked making my voice low, I didn't want any of her men to find me.

"Right behind you."
It was too late, I turned around and met the high-heel shoes that kicked me hard in the face. I groaned in pain as I felt a sharp pain in my nose.

I cleaned my nose and looked at my hands, it was blood, my nose was bleeding.
"You know I thought you could do better than that, Toni." She said and tried to leave, I grabbed her leg and she lost her balance, she fell to the ground.

I stood up and gave her the first punch as she tried to stand up, she groaned in pain and kicked my legs. I grabbed a gun near me and aimed for her leg, she reached for my wrist and pushed me, the gun flying into a corner.

She used the opportunity to run out of the room. I stood up and threw the door open, I climbed the stairs and found myself on the roof of the deck. My heart raced as I spotted her running towards the helicopter.

"You coward, how about you finish what you started?" I screamed and she turned back.

She began clapping and smiled at me. "I'll leave that for another time but we're not done, I'll be back for you even in death." She answered.
"You should surrender to the police, your days are numbered." I shouted.

A taunting grin spread across her lips and she ran into the helicopter. She waved at me before closing the door of the helicopter. Right before me, they vanished.

Two policemen ran towards me. "Are you Toni Jade?" One of the men asked and I nodded.
"You're already late, she's escaped, the Red Viper's gone." I said and they frowned.

Suddenly there was an explosion and I looked up, I was shocked, it was the helicopter that exploded, someone must have fixed explosives in the helicopter.
"Wow, that was unexpected, I wanted to catch that wrench alive and teach her a lesson but she's dead." The second policeman said, I could see smile written all over his face.

Two people came down from the car, they were my parents, I smiled and ran to hug them.
"Mum, I've missed you so much including you." I said with tears.

"We're taking you to the hospital, you're badly wounded." Mom replied.
"I'm fine Mom."
"I can't believe that you're my daughter, you're so strong and bold, when I was your age, I was really shy." Dad said and I smiled.

"Where's Charles?." I asked.
"He's gone out of the country, his parents forced him, they want him to study abroad." Dad answered and I frowned.

Just then, Richard came out of the building and I ran to meet him. "Are you hurt?" I asked concerned.
"A little, we should go to the hospital, I don't want any health problem." He suggested.

I looked at his face and wiped it with my hands. "Thanks for saving me." I said and he looked at me. I couldn't control what I was feeling for him, I knew it was love and I was ready to give you a trial.
"Are you sure the Red Viper is dead?" He asked and I frowned.

"Of course, I'm sure you heard the explosion, no one could have survived that explosion." I answered and he held my hands.

"Look, I didn't put a bomb on her plane, I don't know who, it's possible she's not dead, there are also possibilities that it was another plane that exploded." He said and it dawned on me that he might be right.

Her words kept ringing in my ear

I'll be back for you even in death

"She's dead."
"I love you Toni, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and I'll wait for you till you finish your University." He said and my heart raced.

"Can we go see my parents, I want to introduce them to you." I dragged him to my parents without giving him an answer.

They seemed to get along easily and I smiled, he cracked a joke and they laughed. "Can we go to hospital now?" I asked and mom laughed.
"I thought you didn't want to go." She mocked.

"I'm scared mom." I said and they looked at me.
"But why? The evil red viper is dead."
"Do they know the murderer?" I asked.

"Yes, Charles found out everything after you were kidnapped, he made Mr Douglas confess everything before the red viper killed him, he got evidence that Mr Douglas raped Lucy before he killed her." Mom said.
"I feel bad for my aunt, she didn't deserve to die." I replied.

"She's dead?" Mom asked shocked.
"Yes, the Red Viper killed her."

The two policemen came out from the building. We managed to capture three men while the two other criminals escaped.
"But what if Kate isn't dead?" Richard asked them and they looked at with a quizzed expression.

"Who's Kate?" Mr Joshua, the first policeman asked, I looked at his badge, his name was boldly written.
"Kate is her real name and we mean the Red Viper." I answered.

"She's definitely dead, her plane exploded, we'll call for some reinforcement and see if they can go to scene and find some dead bodies and if we would be able to identify them." Mr Joshua assured and I nodded.
"Thank you very much." I appreciated with a smile.

"The police is your friend." They said and my dad laughed as they walked into their van.
"Why did you laugh?" I asked annoyed. "They're just doing their job." I added.
"They're not sending any reinforcement, no one's identifying the bodies and lastly they're not your friends." He said and walked back into the car.

"Yeah right" I muttered and mom followed him. "Those two, I wonder how they gave birth to me." I said and we laughed.

"I'll come to your house when you're back from the hospital and take you out to anywhere you want."
"My parents would never allow me, I'll be writing waec soon, they want me to study." I reminded.

"Let's see what happens." He said as we followed them.

What's your opinion?
Do you think the red viper is dead?