Chapter Two

After I sat down with tears in my eyes, my classmates walked in with Mr Daniel, the literature teacher.

The science students excused the class while the arts students remained in class, I caught Charles staring at me twice. I already regretted my actions, I snubbed him when I came to this school as a fresher.

Flashback

I stood up after I was pushed by Lucy and walked into the class. I took the only available seat in front of an handsome guy.

I emptied the locker and cleaned it with a napkin, then I arranged my books properly.

"Toni". I heard a guy call my name and I turned back and saw the handsome guy.
"How did you know my name?" I asked confused.

"It's on your school jacket, it's always inscribed on everyone's jacket". He answered and I nodded. "My name is Charles Willams, I'm from Benin, I just want to say that you're beautiful". He added.

"Thanks". I simply said and stood up.
"Where are you going to?" He asked.
"Don't ever talk to me, I'm not a friendly person, I'm not ready to be friends with anyone in this god-damned country, I missed my friends in France". I answered angrily and walked out.

I hissed after I reached an uncompleted building. I noticed he was following me and I became scared.

"Why are you following me?". I asked and he seemed to notice the fear in my voice.
"I really like you, maybe it's love at first sight". He answered and I frowned and turned to look at him.

"Well, I don't like you, leave me alone, I don't want to have anything to do with you".

"You made mention of France, have you really traveled out of Nigeria?" He asked and I frowned. "Sorry about my question". He quickly added noticing my expression.

"Yes, I was born and brought up in France until my parents sent me back to Nigeria this week because I did something bad". I answered and he smiled.

"So you speak French?". He asked.
"Yes, can I go now, like I said earlier, I'm not really a friendly person". I answered.

"I also speak French too, I was taught in school then, I actually missed the language a lot, when I came to this school, there was no French teacher so I had to download apps on my phone to teach me and it worked, I'm really perfect in speaking French now". He said.

"Are you done?". I asked and noticed his expression. He was far more beyond shocked. He was taken aback, it wasn't what he expected.

"Ohh, you're really hostile towards me, I guess I better leave now". He replied and left immediately.

I sighed in relief.

End of Flashback

"Toni Jade.... Miss Toni Jade". I was already lost in thought before I heard the loud voice of Mr Daniel calling my name.

"Yes sir".
"Stand up". He ordered and I stood up and placed my hands on the desk.
"Sir, I was ...."
He cut in immediately. "Do you have an idea on how many times I called you?" He asked.
"Maybe twice or thrice". I answered avoiding his face.

"Will you keep quiet? I called you five times, you're slowly deviating from your studies and this is giving me concerns".

"I'm sorry sir".
"Follow me to my office". He said carrying his textbook and notes as he left the class.

"Is the class over?" I asked Mariam who hissed and replied me rudely.
"No, we're just starting, murderer". She said and my heart raced.

"What did you just say?" I asked with anger.
"You heard me right or are you going to kill me the same way you killed poor Lucy, she was such an innocent girl". Mariam said and I chuckled.

"If craziness was a person". I muttered and left the class.

I went to Mr Daniel's office, he was talking to a junior student when I walked in and he told the student to leave. The student greeted me and walked out of the door.

"Miss Toni Jade". He called my name softly. "I've noticed that your attention has really deviated from anything related to your education". He said.
"It's nothing sir". I lied.

"The news is all over the school and before you know it, the police will also be interested in this case". He said.
"What case sir?" I asked pretending not to know and he chuckled. He stared at me. He scribbled something in his jotter and kept it in his drawer, then he looked at me again.

"The murder case of Lucy Isidore, everyone thinks it's you who killed her". He said.
"Yeah, that's what they think because that's what they heard, I didn't kill anyone, I can't even hurt a fly". I replied.

"It's been your fault, you came into this school as an introvert". He said and my eyes widened. "Yes, you didn't make any friends and now you want the same people you are not friends with to support you". He added.
"I don't need their support". I replied with a frown.

"Ok, I guess I'll leave you to handle the case since you don't need anyone's support". He said.
"Nancy could have committed suicide, she could have been murdered, there's no evidence that I murdered her".

"Let me tell you, once someone hates you, they'll try to bring you down by all means, don't be surprised when false evidences will be brought". He replied.

                   ***************

I closed the door after listening to what Mr Daniel had to say, he was really a man with high intellectuals and great intelligence.

He was definitely right! More false evidence will be created just to bring me down. I needed someone I could rely on. Someone like Charles.... No, not him..

I tried to avoid the thoughts of Charles but he was the available option.
"Toni". I heard my aunt call my name, my heart raced speedily. What was she doing here? No, what if the principal tells her everything, she'll definitely tell my parents.

I turned back and smiled at her. "Aunt, you should be at home now, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"I was just passing by and I decided to check on you". She answered.

"Aunt, I'm having stomach upset". I lied and pretended to feel pains in my stomach.

"Let's go the hospital". She suggested and I smiled a little.
"Good idea". I replied as she held my hands.

"Toni Jade". Someone called me and I froze, it was definitely Mrs Victoria, the principal.

I slowly turned back and saw her.

To be continued❤️
What do you think is going to happen? Do you think the principal will tell Toni's aunt?❤️❤️

Don't forget to vote and comment
What are your views ❤️❤️❤️