10: What A Drag(Evanstan)

Ahh! I've been wanting to do one of these forever, and now it's finally here! I hope you enjoy it!

   Chapter Summary: Never let it be said that Chris was one to turn down a bet. And now, he found himself here, longing after someone so far out of his league they were practically a different species. That's what he thinks, at least.

   Chapter Soundtrack: Dangerous by Big Data[feat. Joywave]

   Stars and Strypes was by far one of the most popular gay clubs in all of New York City, with a regular turnout of anywhere from fifty to a hundred people.

   And Chris Evans was probably the last dude you would expect to frequent such bar, if not for how openly gay he was. He first found out about it from his fabulously queer brother, Scott. When he heard about it, he was highly skeptical of it, as it sounded highly loud and crowded, the opposite of Chris's ideal scene.

   He only ended up going after Anthony went with Scott(a whole 'nother debacle we needn't get into) and promised him it was legit. Even then, it took Scott betting him twenty bucks that he wouldn't go for him to finally give it a shot.

   The club itself was pretty large, with rainbow neon lights hanging around the windows and doors and vintage gay icon posters posted outside. There were ones for Freddie Mercury, the cast of Rocky Horror Picture Show, Elton John, and David Bowie. The bouncer in front of the doors wore a baby blue feather boa and silver nail polish(Chris would later come to learn that his name was Austin).

   But Chris's favorite part of the club, no doubt, were the performers. They had everything from strippers to talent shows, all of them being something he looked forward to. But particularly the drag queens.

   God, where did he start? Drag queens were amazing. They were fun, and entertaining, and so, so fabulous. His previous love for them had gone undiscovered until his first visit to the club, where he found himself overwhelmed by it all, until his attention was caught by the announcer introducing someone to the stage.

   Since then, Chris had gone every Thursday night to see the drag shows. Specifically, one in particular.

   Reel Romani was a dancer, not someone who ever spoke on stage, but yet they were somehow still the most alluring person Chris had ever seen. Their makeup was never quite as dramatic as some of the other queens who were on stage, but it was definitely eye-catching. Their eyes sported different shades of white, green, and gold, while their lips were usually painted a soft nude color. Another thing about them that stood apart from some of the other drag queens was that they didn't wear a wig; their hair was a dark chocolate brown that fell about to their shoulders, and it was usually side-swept with a choppy cut and random curls.

   It was quite obvious that they were biologically a man, despite their still rather feminine style; they had a small 5 o'clock shadow and a defined jawline and chin that made Chris weak at the knees. As far as outfits went, their's were pretty tame. Usually a retro puffy jacket over a t-shirt tucked into a leather skirt, accentuating their tall, lace-up boots and clean-shaven legs. Chris had seen them do the splits in those boots and somehow manage to not fall.

   But back to the topic of Chris's utterly hopeless crush on Reel Romani- that was exactly what it was; utterly hopeless. Reel Romani was so far out of his league it wasn't even funny. Here he was, a raging bisexual with little to no finesse when it comes to flirting, glorified dance moves, and a strange fondness for dorky sweaters, and there was Reel Romani, gorgeous, awesome sense of style, and an amazing dancer.