Chapter 3: Starbucks Surprise

Kevon needed to get to the bottom of Yoshanda's attitude before the next day when they were supposed to go get spa treatments and lattes together. Kevon decided to get some fresh air outside, she just couldn't face going back into the classroom when Yoshanda was being so mean, and besides, the teacher liked her (and her Daddy's donations) enough that she would still pass the course. Kevon decided to exit the school through the far doors, so she wouldn't be seen. Plus, it was right near the Starbucks and the boy's school.

Once across the street, Kevon entered the Bougie-looking Starbucks and ordered herself a well-deserved skinny vanilla latte. As soon as her drink was ready, she sat down in a comfortable armchair near the window to watch the clouds in the sky as she thought about how to tackle her problem. It was only first period and she was already stressing! This wasn't good, Kevon needed to avoid wrinkles. As she waited for it to be time to head back for second period, she watched her tik tok views go up. Kevon was known for posting aesthetic OOTDs and get ready with me's.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice.

"Kevon!" Kevon turned around. A really cute tall boy with brown curly hair and green eyes was standing there.

"Um..hi?" Kevon said. She knew who he was, but didn't want him to get the wrong idea.

"It's me! Josh!" Kevon raised her eyebrows in pretend-shock.

"Josh?? Oh I barely recognized you!"

"Oh really, we just saw each other last week! How are you?" Josh laughed.

"Haha whoops, I must have forgotten." Kevon squinted back at her phone, eager to end this conversation before anyone saw, or worse, Logan saw!

"I could never forget talking to you." Josh grinned at her.

Despite herself, Kevon blushed, "great! Well.. text me sometime!" Josh smiled. "I texted you today! Didn't you see it?" Kevon giggled awkwardly.

"Well my phone broke, but I'll text you when it's fixed!" She waved goodbye with her manicured hand and sped out the door into the suddenly frigid air.