Chapter 5: Paradise Lost

Once she got home, Kevon immediately ran up to her room, at the top of the house. It had once been the attic but she had had her parents convert it for her when she turned 12. The room had all white walls and fluffy white rugs on the dark hardwood floor, except for one deep purple accent wall where the fireplace was. Her King sized bed was covered in a white duvet with purple accents. Her room was divided into three parts, where she slept, and where she did her makeup and, occasionally, homework. The third part was a seating area with a purple velvet couch and armchair.

She ran into her walk in closet, the size of a typical bedroom, and pulled out her favorite Lulu Lemon leggings and a cozy Pink half-zip. Flopping on her velvet couch she pulled out her phone and dialed Tiffany's number.

"Hey Kevon what's up?" Asked Tiffany.

"You have to see what Yoshanda just texted me! Come over as soon as you can" Kevon quickly said into the phone.

"Okay, I'll come as soon as my eyebrow threader is done!"

Luckily Tiffany's driver dropped her off soon. She lived in a mansion on the same culdesac as Kevon, but always got a ride anyways. She was wearing a plaid skirt from Topshop and a red cable knit sweater. TopShop? Kevon made a mental note to discuss this with her later. Immediately, she showed her the text from Yoshanda she had received earlier. Both girls were shocked.

"I don't know why she would say such a thing!" Tiffany cried. "Maybe she is worried about losing her scholarship? I didn't even know she needed one."

"Makes sense why we never went to her house though." Kevon realized. "I guess she isn't coming to the spa day tomorrow."

Tiffany just shook her head sadly. Then, out of the corner of her eye she noticed the hoodie clearly saying "St. Joseph's Lacrosse lying on a heap on the floor.

"Um Kevon where did you get that?"

"Oh gosh I must have taken it accidentally! Josh loaned it to me."

"Josh?!" Tiffany enquired, "I thought you were into Logan?"

"I am! Well, he is the most popular boy after all." Kevon shrugged her shoulders. "I'll have to return the sweater tomorrow." She opened her iPhone to text Josh.

-Hey, I fixed my phone! Thanks so much for the hoodie, sorry I stole it lol. I'll bring it to school ASAP, or I can have my driver drop it off.

He replied almost immediately,

-No worries Kevon, glad I could help. And sure I can wait until tomorrow, just meet me at lunch at the Starbucks across from school.

With that problem solved, Kevon turned her attention back to Yoshanda. Her and Tiffany decided to talk to Yosh in person at school. After they hung out on Kevon's fluffy white rug for a while, the girls started to talk about a more urgent matter, the school dance on Friday! Kevon was worried, she hoped everything would work out before the dance. She didn't even have a dress yet.

"I don't even have a dress yet!" Kevon sat up and screeched at Tiffany.

"Neither do I!" Tiffany's tiffany-blue eyes grew wide with shock.

Both girls sat up straight. They needed to get to the mall!