Chapter 13: A Walk to Remember

Once Kevon returned home to her mansion, her mother was waiting for her in the mahogany and gilded bronze living room-slash-library.

"Kevon! Your father and I have been worried sick!" She motioned towards her husband who was fast asleep in a chair, a book in his hands.

"Yoshanda's mom called me and said you were almost robbed!!" She exclaimed.

Kevon had almost forgotten about the incident since she had cleared things up with Yoshanda.

"Yes but he didn't steal anything! Yoshanda arrived just in time!" Kevon remembered the gun and shuddered, it would be best to not worry her mom anymore by bringing it up.

"Thank god, that Gucci bag cost a fortune! And imagine if they took your wallet! All of our hard earned money." Mrs. Biley said, anxiously taking a sip of her mid-day margarita.

Kevon sighed, her mother was so melodramatic that it made her cringe.

"Don't worry mother." Kevon said in a very monotone voice, before heading up the staircase to her bedroom.

Once she closed the door, she took her phone out of her pocket and texted Josh. She was so glad that she could follow her heart instead of pretending to pine after Logan all the time. She was certain that Josh was the one for her.

Kevon: Hey Josh! Meet me at Glenwood park in 10?

Kevon expected an answer right away, but had to wait 3 agonizing minutes.

Josh: sure!

Kevon smiled and did a little dance around her room, she had never been this happy before! She quickly opened her closet door and picked out the cutest "outdoorsy girl chic" outfit she could think of. A cashmere turtleneck, a grey wool coat and some cozy Ralph Lauren boots. A black beret finished off the look quite nicely.

After applying some mauve Marc Jacobs lipstick, she clipped Mocha to her purple leash and headed out the door towards the park.

Josh was there early, of course. He looked so cute in his Tommy Hilfiger sweater and Patagonia ski jacket.

"Josh!" Kevon chimed, walking towards him with Mocha at her heels.

Josh's face was blank, "What's up?"

Kevon paused, feeling shy for a moment.

"Well...I've been thinking."Josh waited for her to go on. "I know I turned you down about the school dance, but we've become closer these last few days and..." She waited to see if he would say anything, she really didn't want to be the one to ask someone out. People always asked her out.

"And..?" Josh asked, quizzically. "Is this about Logan? Do you want me to set you two up since you texted him from Yoshanda's phone??"

Kevon gasped. How did he know??

"I..." She stammered. "No.. I regret that! I'm sorry Josh, please don't be mad!"

Josh chuckled. "I saw your face in Starbucks! You looked so guilty. I knew it was you who had texted him right away." His face turned red, and he looked over at a couple who were walking their dog. Kevon felt like she might cry.

"Josh please listen to me, that's all been resolved! Logan and Yoshanda are back together!"

Kevon felt a tear roll down her cheek, thank god she had worn waterproof mascara today.

"Logan was devastated, Kevon." Josh said solemnly. "I can't believe you would do that. I'm not helping you ask him out, or steal him away from Yoshanda!"

Kevon wished she had never texted Logan from Yoshanda's phone in the first place. How could she do something so manipulative?

"Josh, I am so sorry! I don't want Logan!" she begged.

Josh wrinkled his eyebrows.

"You don't? Well you sure have a funny way of showing it." Josh shook his head and walked away, leaving Kevon standing alone in the middle of the park.