Chapter 6: Mall Madness

Pulling up to the mall, Kevon knew that she needed to show Yoshanda who was boss, and that meant pulling out all of her top designer pieces. Today she wore an oversized grey plaid blazer from ASOS, her favourite black knit sweater from dolce and gabbana, and a pair of dark wash ripped skinny jeans from 7 for all mankind. She finished off the look with REAL Gucci loafers, gold hoops from Tiffany's and her ysl velvet purse (that she finally found. Turns out the maid stole it.. again.)

Kevon lost Tiffany for a moment, then spotted her over by the Burberry store window, eyeing up a plaid handbag.

"TIFF!!" Kevon screamed. "We need to focus! That bag is adorbs, but we need to look killer on Friday!"

The two shopped for 2 hours, and found the perfect dresses for the school dance from Nordstroms.

As they were waiting for Harvey to come pick them up, the girls went to grab green juices from the snack bar in the mall. Shopping was no joke, and Kevon's arms ached. She hoped this juice would sustain her until she could see what the cook had made for dinner.

"KEVON!" Tiffany shrieked out of the blue.

"TIFF you almost made me drop my juice!"

"Who cares about your juice, Yoshanda is hanging out with Michelle and Tara! I see them at the spa on snap maps."

Kevon froze.

"What about our spa plans tomorrow? Something doesn't make sense. We need to get over there NOW."

Luckily, Harvey chose that exact moment to pull up. The girls jumped into the back street and screamed at him to take them to the spa immediately.

Kevon and Tiffany swung open the doors into the spa. Michel was waiting for them, as always.

"Hello girls! Your other friends are waiting in the lounge."

Kevon and Tiffany shared a look. Did he mean Yoshanda? But who was she with? They peered around the corner into the lounge where Yoshanda sat with Tara and Michelle. Tara and Michelle were the ultimate wannabees, and whenever Kevon bothered to think about them (which wasn't often) she had to laugh at the desperation.

"Those Queen Bees will never know what hit them!" screeched Tara

"Yeah" Agreed Michelle, "We should call ourselves the Princess Parasites!"

The other two looked at her oddly.

"What! I like the double P!"

"Okay..." Yoshanda sighed. "How about the Princess Butterflies. It's classy and elegant, like us."

Kevon snorted, and the trio looked up.

"Run!" Whispered Tiffany. The girls sprinted down the hallway as fast as their Gucci's could take them.

"How dare they rip off the Queen Bees like that!" Kevon exclaimed "and how is Yoshanda affording this? I thought she had a scholarship?" Tiffany nodded in agreement.

"We need revenge." Kevon muttered diabolically, "Now."

At that moment Michel approached them.

"Hello ladies! I realize you are having your nails done today, not a facial and eyebrow threading like the others. Please follow me into this room."

"Oh thank you Michel" tittered Kevon with a flit of her lashes, "But you must tell me where our friends are so I can go say hi when we're done!"

5 minutes later Kevon and Tiffany stood in the luxe facial room. Wordlessly, Kevon switched out the light face cream with the heavy one for old ladies with sagging skin, and turned up the temperature of the wax. Tiffany stood giggling in the corner. As the girls turned to leave, they bumped into one of the workers entering.

"Oh Miss Kevon! I am so sorry you must excuse me!" Kevon flipped her hair over her shoulder before responding.

"Don't worry about it. But before I go, Yoshanda and her friends sent me to tell you that they want their eyebrows to look like this." Kevon said, pulling up a picture of Drew Barrymore in the 90's. "Bye now."

The two girls ran down the hall to the nail lounge, where the workers made quick work of applying their Butter London nail polish. Light pink for Tiffany and a trendy mauve colour for Kevon. Finally, once the nails were dry, the girls wrapped up in their Babaton camel coats and waited for Harvey to come pick them up.

Later that night, while at Dinner in Blue Water Café, Kevon and Tiffany could not stop laughing about their revenge.

"They're going to look so bad!" Giggled Tiffany with tears streaming down her face.

"Imagine the eyebrows, and the burnt upper lips!" Howled Kevon.

The girls clinked their mocktails together.

"To new beginnings, and good riddance to bad rubbish." Vowed Kevon.

"And to beautiful new dresses for the dance!" Tiffany added.