Chapter 12: A Reconciliation

After the last bell rang, Kevon said goodbye to her friends and followers and texted Harvey not to come pick her up. She reached into her locker for her lambskin moto jacket, which matched her dark Citizens of Humanity skinny jeans and her Steve Madden black combat boots perfectly. She didn't live too far from the school, and although it was cold the day was sunny and clear. She wore her favorite Ray Bans, and listened to the new Taylor Swift album as she was walking along the road.

After about five minutes, just as she was listening to the song that reminded her of Yoshanda, someone tapped Kevon on her lamb-skin covered shoulder. She whirled around, surprised, ony to find herself face to face with a gun!

"AHHH!" Kevon screamed!

"Hand me your purse and I won't hurt you" the man said.

Whimpering, Kevon handed over her purse.

"It's a real gucci backpack, please take good care of it" She sobbed as the man rifled through the purse, taking her wallet. Luckily her phone was in her pocket. Just then, a car pulled up!

The man dropped the backpack and sprinted off. Kevon grabbed the strap just before it hit the ground, and snatched her bag to her chest. The window rolled down and Kevon gasped again, wiping mascara from her eyes. Surely she wasn't seeing right?

"Hey, we'll give you a ride" Yoshanda said out the window of her mom's Ford. Kevon got in gratefully and they continued down the street to Yoshanda's house.

It wasn't the same neighbourhood as where Kevon and Tiffany lived, but it wasn't a small house either. It was a perfectly respectable size and Kevon secretly thought it was very cozy feeling inside. Once they entered Yoshanda's room, Kevon turned to her, arms crossed.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" She questioned.

"I needed to talk to you anyway," Yoshanda replied. "There are some things I need to get off my chest, in private." Kevon stood waiting for her to go on.

"Tara and Michelle have been blackmailing me!" Yosh blurted out. "They've been buying me all of this designer stuff, and threatening to tell you about my relationship with Logan if I didn't say all that mean stuff to you."

"What??" Kevon was shocked! Tara and Michelle were the scum of the earth, but this was a new low for them. "So you really have been dating Logan?"

"Yeah... I didn't know how to tell you" stammered Yoshanda. "I was just about to say something when this whole mess began."

"I don't know what to say," stated Kevon. "I'm sorry for sending that text message, I just thought you were messing with me!"

"What should we do?" Yoshanda teared up. "How do we get out of this mess."

"Well" Kevon smiled, "They don't call me Queen Bee for nothing. If anyone can manipulate those bee-yatches I can." She thought for a minute before thinking again. "We need to keep up this act until the dance. Then we can manipulate them and humiliate them in front of everyone! We need to expose them for fake, shallow, popularity seekers that they really are. Hopefully Logan will understand if I explain to him the whole story."

"Wow that's a really good idea! Are you really not mad that Logan and I are together?"

"No, he's so last year anyway" Kevon joked.

The girls hugged, and flopped onto Yoshanda's bed to catch up on everything.

"So you and Josh are getting pretty close huh?" Yosh questioned once they stopped laughing at how scary that her, Tara and Michelle had looked after their massages from hell.

"Yeah I guess! He's really sweet and funny."

"Oh I see why you're not mad about Logan now!"

"No it's not like that! I told him I only wanted to be friends!" Kevon paused. She had just realized that her reason for not going to the dance with Josh was gone!

"Okay okay.." Yoshanda let the subject go. "Come on, my mom has some donuts from Cartems downstairs."