Chapter 17: Romeo, Oh Romeo

Kevon finished off the last of her ten step skincare routine she did every night religiously and gratefully flopped into her bed. Yoshanda and Tiffany had just left, but she couldn't stop replaying the events of the evening over in her mind! Was Josh about to kiss her before they were oh so rudely interrupted?

Clink! Something bounced off her window and clattered onto her marble balcony. Kevon sat straight up in bed, before grabbing her velvet robe to go make sure nothing was out of place. Suddenly a face appeared in her balcony door and Kevon shrieked! It was Josh! Immediately her heart started pounding for a different reason.

"Everything okay?" Kevon's mom called up the staircase.

"Uhhh Yes mom! Just saw an ad for half off gucci!"

"What! I need to come check that out!"

"NO!" Kevon exclaimed. "It was spam."

"Ugh I should have known it was too good to be true..." Kevon heard her mother muttering as she walked back down the stairs.

Kevon ran over to the glass doors and slipped out onto the balcony.

"What are you doing here Josh?"

"I felt like we got interrupted at the dance earlier, I can leave if it's too late for me to be here."

"NO!" Kevon grabbed Josh by the elbow. "I agree."

"Well," Josh blushed "I was wondering if you would like to... do homework together sometime?"

"Oh yeah I guess so!" Kevon was crestfallen. Her big romantic moment and he wanted to do homework?

"Actually, I had another thing to ask you..." Josh trailed off.

"What is it?" Kevon asked, confused.

"Well I was hoping you would be... my..." He stammered.

"I would love to be your girlfriend!" Kevon squealed, interrupting him.

"Really?"

"Yes." She replied firmly.

"Well then there's just one other thing I have for you." Josh stepped towards her, and Kevon stood on her tippy toes. She was about to lose her Lip-Kiss virginity! Their lips met in the middle, and then stood back and grinned at each other. Kevon knew this year would be the best one yet!

If only she knew what, or who, was coming her way.