Move Along

Above is Beta Lace.

Alpha Micah Reid

Mindless talk is all that happened between us. From our favorite color to the type of music we liked to what calmed us down.

"So Shira made you do that?"

"Yeah she didn't think I could handle the situation since I had newly shifted so she took over and destroyed three buildings and a pool." she said smiling at the memory.

"An overground pool?" I asked scrunching eyebrows up at her.

She threw her hands up, "No that's the problem she completely destroyed and in-ground pool."

A heartfelt laugh escaped me making me double over. Yes I have destroyed things but not as bad as a pool.

"What are you laughing at its not funny!" She said angrily but still smiling with pure happiness in her eyes.

"That was too funny. I've destroyed some things but not a pool." Speaking of water I could hear the lake water slushing again the bank.

"Wanna race?" I asked her.

She looked at me confused by my question.

"Do I what?" She asked.

"Race? Last time we did you hurt my man pride and I would like to get that back."

"By beating a girl at something?"

"Yes." I said.

"It's on." she said smirking.

"First one to the Lake wins."

"Ready." she said.

"Set."

"Go!" We both yelled.

And we were off. Dodging trees, Bushes, hills, fallen branches. Anything that stood in our way.

It was exhilarating finally having someone to compete with. Usually I had to tone it dow. Half my potential to meet their full potential. And when other wolves are done I still had pent up energy that resulted in me sprinting around the border everyday.

I hate to say it but she was slightly ahead of me. it might be due to the fact that she was of the purest bloods but I might just have an off day.

I turned my head slightly to look at her to see a full out grin plastered on her face. Yes I was smiling but she was sporting an all teeth showing smile. Her golden eyes were alight with mischief and happiness.

Her brown hair flipped behind her like it couldn't keep up with how fast the wind was hitting it.

The smell of the water hit me making me push my legs faster with a grin on my face.

"I'm so going to beat you!" She yelled laughing.

I gave out a sarcastic laugh, "You wish!"

We finally broke the threshold of the tree line. Since this was a different part of the lake we didn't know it well.

What we didn't expect was for the bank to be directly following the tree line. So what started out as a race to the water ended up being a race in the water.

I myself wasn't too graceful and tripped over a rock in the water. Luckily my reflexes are beast so I turned around in time to catch myself and land on my butt and hands.

I looked to the side to find where Naiyla went only to see her laughing at the bank with only her feet and ankles wet.

She was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down her face.