a hug?

j u g ' s  p o v

his boots crunch against the leaves beneath him as he ran through the forest, he was running to the bunker. the good old bunker...

he remembered the time where kevin and veronica were still the dream duo and planned to kidnap jughead and betty so that they can reconcile and become a couple again.

it was called b.u.w.r.a. or something? he forgot, it was 5 years ago. of course he forgot such a tiny detail.

yes, they did reconcile but they remained as friends. he knew betty wasn't comfortable with it but she carried along with it. they were about to be adults, going in their own separate lives.

it would be nice to be single for once...

kevin and veronica were psychopaths before but he was thankful for the memory. why? because it was growth. he was finally becoming his own person and not "betty's boyfriend"

yes, he had a fake girlfriend and planned it but after that day, he was thinking a life without betty. it was a bland but good one

he hits a couple of bushes and piles of leaves as he dashes through the dark forest. the sun was about to rise and the clouds were clearing up for it.

when he finally reached the bunker, he heard little sobs coming from it. that just confirmed his theory.

he removes the cover and sees the candles were lit. when he climbs down the ladder, he sees the bunker was cleaned, it was so neat, he swears he could see himself in the walls.

he walked up to betty and kneeled in front of her "are you - do you want a hug?" she nodded furiously and he quickly hugged her

she hugged back and her tears went to his coat. they stayed there for hours, it was somehow a peaceful memory that would become a painful one.

they were informed about what happened with her mother hours ago but they were out of range and couldn't get the texts.

so they stayed like that, hugging each other like it was the last time they would touch. betty fell asleep in jughead's arms and he noticed

so he placed her onto the bed with the new sheets and put a blanket over her so she wouldn't get cold.

a few minutes later, she was snoring and jughead decided to go to a place with service and text archie what happened while he was gone.

he went outside the bunker and and went around the woods until he got 3 bars. it wasn't far from the bunker so he wouldn't get lost.

he was gonna text Archie when a text from Veronica changed it all.

she's gone, jug.

he gasped for air and fell to the forest floor. tears started to flow once more and he cried silently. waiting for the end of his misery.
——— ☁︎︎ ———
484 *sad face*
oh no i cry once more

*sigh* how will jug tell betty?
how will she react?
when am i gonna post another chapter?

2 out of the 3 questions will be answered some day.