the time

[note: yes it's that song, it'll make sense later on]

3 r d  p e r s o n

"betty, i have something to tell you and it's gonna be hard for me to" jughead places her head on his lap and sighs, playing with her hair for a bit.

it took him three hours to go back into the bunker. he was shocked at first, then sad. and then he thought of betty, poor betty. he didn't know what to say to her.

he has this huge burden of telling her this horrible news. he knows that this won't end well and hopes for something, he didn't know what but he keeps on hoping

everything around her was falling apart, everyone she knew were either drifting from her or dying

"that you love me too?" betty sarcastically says, jug chuckles and a single tear escapes. "now's not the time, betty."

he wipes it before continuing "your mom, her heart stopped and..." he stopped, he couldn't form the words that were supposed to come out

he was rendered speechless, he couldn't speak a single thing and he was damn well trying to. betty sat up because of this. her golden curls rested on her shoulders, getting a bit messy.

"what? jughead, tell me! answer me!" betty shouted quietly at him. she took ahold of his shoulders and shook him. that action alone took him by surprise.

"i... she... alice's..." he tried to speak through the shaking. she heard was he was trying to say and let go of him.

"she's dead, isn't she?" betty stood up and said. jughead couldn't look up and begun to cry. when he did, his teary vision gave him an emotionless betty.

she held jughead's face in her hands and looked right at him, their faces inches apart. "tell me, please" she whispered and a river of tears started to form.

he looks away from her and releases a breath he didn't know he was holding. "she's dead, betty. gone." jughead looked back to her and said those exact four words.

betty lets go of him and walks to the ladder and climbs up, not saying a single word doing so. "betty-" he calls out for her but she got out the bunker faster than he can say her name.

a scream follows a minute later and he quickly knows it's betty. he doesn't go to her because he knows she needs space.
——— ☁︎︎ ———
j u g ' s  p o v

3 hours later and neither betty or jughead have said a word to each other

after a whole hour, betty asked jug to go with her to the hospital. he agreed and proceeded to find the car and drive there.

it had quite a long distance between the forest and hospital so they know that the awkward silence will come during the trip and it did.

jug tries to on the radio to stop the deafening silence but the song that comes on is "i just had sex by the lonely island"

the volume was underestimated and the windows were down so the whole neighborhood heard. they saw parents shaking their heads and children covering their ears.

jughead tried to lower the volume but the radio was broken. so he kept on pressing random buttons until the song was gone. luckily, it did turn off but that memory will be everlasting and stuck in his head for the rest of his life

he looked over at betty for a second before looking back to the road but betty didn't react to the music at all, she was casual and nonchalant. that made him think that she was in her mind thinking.

he wondered what she was thinking, the thing that came to mind was her late mother. she was such a beautiful soul but not many people would've said that. he takes a quick look at her and sees a tear falling.

he decides to pull over to take a breather and silently cry it out. seeing people cry always made him sad, he didn't really reveal that much though. he just send insults to them while crying inside because of them.

it's his thing and he doesn't like it. he lets the tears fall out once more as he remembers the happy life of Alice Cooper, a brave and amazing soul. he would've called her "his mother" since she was the only person that cared for him because Fp asked her to.

he didn't realize by the time he finished his thought that his pants was soaked from all the tears. he just looked at it while breathing heavily. he tried to dry them off with a cloth he just found at the car.

[note: this sounds dirty but it isn't so get your mind out of the gutter people]
he rubbed and rubbed, it worked a bit but it didn't really do that much.
——— ☁︎︎ ———
b e t t s ' s  p o v

at that moment, betty tapped on his shoulder. she noticed in that moment that he was suffering too.

she didn't really care because life is just life but it's jug we're talking about. betty just thought that he was crying because he felt bad.

but she forgot that Alice was a mother to them too, to Veronica, to Kevin, to Jughead... they all been lacking a mom and Alice gave.

she really just thought that her pain would be over, her suffering would be over, her mom was bad to her. the perfect body, perfect personality is all that matters to her but it didn't stop.

her pain just kept on hurting her like it hurt everyone else. but instead of everyone else confronting it, she just let it eat her feelings away.

it wasn't healthy but it was okay for her. it was okay for her to suffer, her mom just died. so she decided on that moment she should confront her feelings instead of ignoring it like it doesn't exist because jughead was acting the same as her and he broke, he snapped.

she didn't want jug to deal with her and try to heal her. she wanted to heal herself. to be a individual. so in that moment on, her mind was set in stone.

she lightly tapped on jughead's shoulder and when he looked at her, she hugged him like he did at the bunker.

it was 12pm and the sun was burning them alive but they were already huddled in their own warmth.
——— ☁︎︎ ———
1088 words:

"how was that possible?" wattpad said, confused and out of it's mind.

"i don't know, that girl's never done a thousand words on this book, SHE'S INSANE!"

yes i am insane idefk how i got 1000 words but i definitely know that idk when the new chapter is gonna be posted. honey, i haven't even decided on a name for this chapter yet.

anyways goodbye hooooney

-saki