The Girl With The Gun - Chapter Ten

I had said yes to the question Aaron had been asking since forever... About the idiot called Ethan. The mind knew better than the heart, right?

I hope so.

Anyway.

I huffed as I threw on a leather jacket over my casual outfit consisting of a patterned grey jumper and denim skinny jeans, so I could attempt at keeping out the very early morning chill. No need to dress up if I'm going to sleep on the plane, my hair's probably going to end up like a bird's nest when I woke up anyway. It was a six and a half hour flight from here to England and I was definitely going to sleep, nothing could stop me! Me and sleep were inseparable! Especially on a plane. Hmm... I wonder how comfy the seats are.

Aaron... I'm begging you... Please not make the plane end up being something messed up, something from World War One, from the nineteenth century or just plain ugly and falling apart... Ugh...

I shuddered at the thought, before adjusting the white silk scarf around my neck so it wasn't trapped under the jacket but over it. I gave the corridor one last glance before gripping the handle of the suitcase on wheels and grabbing hold of my brown leather bag which matched my boots and the thick belt around my waist.

I took a deep breath before leaving the house, dragging the suitcase behind me by the pull-out handle. It had been a long time since I had gone abroad, and had actually never been to such a place as England. I wonder what it's like... I know it seems random but I've always wanted a British accent. Once, when I was still a child and in school, there was a girl from England and her accent sounded really nice! She was a horrible little slut though... Bleh.

As I got to the car, I caught sight of Mark standing next to the car door, ready to open it for me as I arrived to it. I looked up at him with a genuinely apologetic smile. "Sorry for waking you up at this hour, I would've gone myself but I'd have nowhere to leave my car. Hehe..." I waited for his reply, not getting into the car just yet.

He shook his head, returning my smile but his wasn't apologetic, obviously, it just radiated kindness. "Oh, no no, Miss. It's my job to drive you to places, isn't it? I'm not very tired anyway." He stepped to the side, taking my suitcase from me as he let me into the back seat of the car.

"Ah. Thank you then." I nodded and climbed in, placing my bag besides me as I sat down, settling down and fastening the seetbelt, loosening it slightly. The reason I didn't get a taxi? I was scared senseless by the fact that I was being driven around by a person that I didn't even know the name of. I was scared slightly by Mark at first too, but I soon settled down after a few weeks. I had only been in a taxi once, and it reeked of alcohol and the driver wouldn't stop asking stupid, pointless questions. I would've killed him right there and then if I could have, but, sadly, I wasn't an assassin back then.

Once I was comfortable, Mark closed the door and went to put my suitcase in the boot of the car. I watched him, a sigh leaving my lips. I had no weapons or guns on me due to airport security checks but Aaron said that the hotel manager of the hotel I was staying in was one of Aaron's 'business' partners, meaning he would help me if Aaron told him to. I was in luck, I guess. But, I wasn't going to go as low as thanking Aaron! I hated travelling anyway, and travelling while on a job? That was just terrible!

What if something wrong happened with the plane? Or in England? Or I got caught? I had no idea what England's security was like!

I shook my head, shooing the worries out of my already crammed head. Didn't need anymore things to keep me from living a worry-free life! Well, to be honest, I didn't actually remember a time where my life was worry free. Oh well, a girl can dream!