팔-Chapter 8

One year when I was younger, my dad surprised me with my favorite princess for my birthday

One year when I was younger, my dad surprised me with my favorite princess for my birthday. I was so excited to have a princess party. I got to wear a pretty blue dress and tiara and those really uncomfortable fake glass slippers. When the doorbell rang, my dad told me to answer the door, and Cinderella was standing there. Looking back now, it was just the teenager down the road in a big poofy prom dress, but I was so overwhelmed that I slammed the door in her face. I couldn't deal with the rapid pace of my heart, and that was my exact thought process right now.

Jeon Jungkook was on the other side of this door.

Maybe I saw it wrong? Maybe he just looked like Jungkook from BTS. That must be it. Just like Cinderella, he was just a lookalike. I slowly opened the door again, and he was still standing there with a shy look on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey, Kitten?" he said again, but it was more of a question than anything.

"B-Bun?"

"The one and only."

I just keep staring at him, and can't seem to look away. He looks like Jungkook. Does he have a twin that no one knows about?

"Wha-, I mean. Who- well... I-" I snap my mouth shut when nothing but stutter is coming out.

"Your hair grew a little longer from the last time I saw you," he said quietly, "and the red has faded a lot."

"What? When you saw me? My streams?"

"No, Kitten. In Texas. At the concert."

"No. No, no, no, no, no. You're a lookalike, right? Or a twin?"

He looks down, and I wince at my own words.

This is what he was scared of.

"I mean, it's just... A little unreal right now. My BunBun... Is Jungkook?"

His head snaps up at his real name, and he smiles weakly. I bite my lip as a thousand thoughts go through my mind. This is why he is always busy. This is why he didn't want to tell me about what he did for a living. This is why I never knew his name. I grab his arm and pull him into my apartment and close the door before wrapping my arms around his waist, and I feel him stiffen for a moment. Then he slowly engulfs me. His arms wrapping me up and pulling me harder into his chest. His cheek rests on the top of my head, and I sigh at the feeling of finally meeting him. To seeing him in person. My best friend.

"I was so nervous for this." He mumbled into my hair.

"So was I."

"I just didn't want to disappoint you."

I pulled away a little, so I could see his face, "What do you mean? I would never be disappointed with who you are. Even if you were some short and plump guy, you would still be my best friend."