17.

Sanha: Hey Namji, are you alright? Are you hurt?

Namji: No, I'm fine. Thank you for saving me.

Sanha gave her a warm smile.

Sanha: I'm just glad you're ok. Raena was exposed and the principal found out what she has been doing to you. She got expelled.

Namji: That's a relief.

Sanha: You should've told me.

Namji: Sorry, I didn't think you'd have to know.

-

FAST FORWARD

Namji arrived at her house after school. She opened the front door.

Namji: Halmeoni, I'm home!

Namji shouted but she didn't receive a response. She went to the kitchen where she spends most of her time with, cooking.

Her heart dropped in shock. She was laying on the floor. Namji shrieked before approaching her. She shook her but she didn't move.

Namji called the ambulance and they immediately rushed her to the hospital.

-

Doctor: Miss Moon?

Namji quickly stood up and bowed at the doctor.

Namji: How is she doc?

Doctor: Ummm.....

The look on the doctors eyes were scaring Namji to death.

Doctor: Your grandmother is diagnosed with lung cancer....for quite a while now. And because she hasn't been getting any treatment, it has already spread to some areas of her body which are the lymph, nodes and liver.

Namji began to tear up. She covered her mouth in shock and sobbed.

Namji: Can you cure her?

Doctor: It might be possible. But also maybe not due to her age. We'll try our best.