Chapter 8

dedicated to DontTouchMe28

(Colette's POV 👉👈)

Classes were fine after, in fact, I could finally get some peace from the bustle of the world. Neither Jess nor the twins or anyone I knew were at any of my classes. I'm pretty sure all my classes would remain this peaceful till the end of the day. 

I take back my words. 

Both Lucas and Henry strides into my last class. Art. What the? Out of all the classes, art? Are they practicing serenity? For Henry, I would bet on that, to control his anger, especially after he punching on the wall. Mad hat

Henry sits on my right Lucas behind. I bury my face in my hands. Am I really this messed up? 

For a moment, it's quiet and I sigh in relief.

"So this is what rich people wear, huh?" Henry remarks. How does he know what rich people wear? 

"No. This is what normal humans, who wants to give a good impression wear." I roll my eyes. "Pfft, I don't need to dress like those men in a suit to make good impressions on girls." He brags. 

"That's a different story. Plus, I never said that I'm trying to give people like you a good impression" I roll my eyes again. He chortles, "You'll see, you'll see... so we're still going out at five right?"

"Hanging out." I correct, then change, "Actually not even close..."

"Pfft, don't be quick to judge, Coley, you'll fall, one day." No way! How more dumb can he be? 

"Sure, you can tell that to your mother, I hope she's proud." He stiffens and looks away. What? What did I say? For the whole lesson, it remains silent, other than the feel of Lucas' eyes burning into me. I don't know if I should feel guilty or confuse or glad or annoyed that they're quiet and irritating me at the same time.

The screeching of the school bell finally yank me out of my daydream. Gosh, that was so awkward and absolutely boring. Maybe not boring but I definitely wasn't focusing. I am considering whether to drop art class or not. I pick up my bag and stand to leave. Everyone did the same and as soon as we've thanked the teacher, I hurry out of the classroom.

"Coley!" I turn around. 

"What?"I frown.

"Erm..." He hesitates. I sigh, "Please do not waste my time here, I need to leave." He runs a hand through his hair and walks away. Just like that, no 'okay', 'bye' or 'sure'. I scowl and walk off to my dorm room. 

When I walk in, Jess is resting her chin in her palms, deeply engross in a book. "What book is that?" I ask her the moment I shut the door behind me. She look up and smiles, "Pride and Prejudice. Some english assigned book."

"You're taking english? As in like a main subject?"

"Ye, I major in english, and I've got to say, the english teacher is so damn hot. He's like ten times better than my father." I frown.

"Did I just sensed a hint of sarcasm? Because no way a man you've just seen as your english teacher can be better than your dad, I mean seriously. My father is the best man in the world."

Now it was her turn to ask, "Are you being sarcastic? My father literally sucks. He'd do nothing but drink beer, gamble and watch baseball matches. His eyes are always glued on the television, never once, I've ever seen him look at me with the adoration a father has for her daughter. Not even once."

"Oh. I... I can't relate... sorry."

"You don't have to be, I mean you're that perfect girl in the perfect family. Rich and wealthy."

"Please, don't say that... never mind." I sigh and walk to the shower.

PS* I'm really walking to the shower now so bye loves, later;)

(Henry's POV👊)

I didn't know what to say. Why does she have to mention my mother all the time? I have never met someone as infuriating as her, she talks about my mum more than I do! 

"Hey, Henry." I raise my head and Britney is walking over in a seductive manner. Oh my f*king shit. "Hey." I reply unsteadily. 

"What's up?" She flirts. "Nothing." I mumble and walks off. She continues to keep up with me and I pick up my pace. "Are you avoiding me, babe?" She frowns worriedly.

"What the f*k don't call me that! Yes, I am avoiding you, I told you, I. Don't. Date. It was a one night stand, it applies to all the f*king girls I've slept with and will sleep with." I hesitate, will it? I erase that thought and continue to pick up my pace.

Why am I even doing this? I'm trying to date Cole and what? End up liking her? Ugh, I'm so f*king stupid, everyone's going to suspect I'm dating!

Time seemed to have flown past and in a couple of hours, I was off in a T-shirt and jeans. I stop outside her house and as I knocked at the door, there is no answer. I must have gotten it wrong. Jess did say she went home... what if she was lying just to stop me from seeing Cole. What the f*k! 

Suddenly, the ground seemed to be shaking and it stopped outside the house. Triplets meets me at the door and they were jumping up and down in delight. F*king good for nothing kids... 

"Where's Colette?" I ask them. They made an 'o' with their mouths at the same time and yell in unison, "Cole!! Someone's here to pick you up for your date!" 

"I'm... I mean we are not going... on a date... we're just hanging out." I protest.

"Oh... we see... as a couple! So romantic!" They squeal and sang 'Our sister's got a boyfriend' and keeps repeating it until she comes down. She's not dressing very formal, but also not very casual. 

In fact, it's sexy.

She laughs and says, "You look like you have just seen a ghost, Henry." Oh please... don't even! I smile as sweetly as I can and my guess was it probably just turned out as a evil sneer.

I swipe the thought out of my head and groan, "Let's go." She nods and grabs her purse before leaving with me to the car.

"Bye trips!" She yells.

Short chapter, but still hope you like it, please keep voting and reading and commenting! Love y'all!!