chapter 19

dedicated to Boss_aura and MangoBear17

(Henry's POV 👊)

The day Colette walks into a New Year's Party, dressed like the Queen of England is the day I'm going to R. I. P!

She strides into the party like she owns the place and I swear Britney smeared her mascara crying and she probably plans to rip her party dress after this and get her father to buy her a more sexier and seductive dress. Maybe I'll try her out once she gets it, but I think I'm too distracted now. I'm not thinking straight. 

Luce calls me.

Marc calls me.

Jess calls me. 

Nell calls me.

Quinn calls me. 

Then she does. And I snap back to reality and stare at her green eyes. An orbit of emerald, one no money can buy. I just stare. 

And stare.

"Henry? Are you alright?" The innocent girl acts innocent, again. That makes me more infuriated and I just feel like taking her right here. 

"Fine." I huff. 

"So... what's up?" She asks. 

Luce takes her hand and says, "Let me take you for a drink."

I cut in, "Nope. Not necessary. I'm taking her. Let's go, Cole." Luce seems like he is going to argue over that but Marc places a hand on his shoulder and says something that made Colette flinch and for Luce to tense up but releases his grip on Cole. Good or bad? I really don't care.

"What did he say?" I ask Colette once we're far away from them.

"Nothing that concerns you." She replies arrogantly. I'm just curious.

"Tell me." I turn her around to face me and she looks defiantly into my eye, her head tilts so high I want to smack it down and kiss her on the neck, but I push that thought far behind and stare back at her.

We stare like this for about a minute.

I drag her away. 

I can't take it. I don't like it when she's defiant. I hate that she doesn't give me what I want all the time. I can't take it when things don't go the way I want it to. I can't take it when I'm the chaser and she's the runner, waiting for me to catch up, but when I do, she's too far away.

"I'm not going to ask twice, Colette." I push her against a wall.

"Thrice." She corrects me and I yank her into a room. 

"Say it." I ignore her.

"No. It does not con—" I kiss her. I actually kiss her. It's not that sort of passionate once girls give me. It's still defiant. Infuriating even. Every part of her infuriates me. She relents and pushes my chest. 

The weirdest thing happens, she gives in. She grows weak. Her heart races and I can hear her breathing becoming somewhat disfigured. It's like she's struggling between life and death, and my tongue takes the chance and slides in. She gasps and I push it further. I say into her mouth, "Tell me, or I'll f*k you right here."

"No..." She moans. I slam my eyes shut. Shit. What am I doing? 

"Say it." I pull apart from her. She takes a moment to recover and scowls at me. She crosses her arms and pouts her lips. Not expected. I mean, seriously! You just kissed a girl. That girl kisses you back, and then she slams her bloody anger back into me right after doing so. I thought it'll burn out her anger but it only made her more piss.