chapter 20

dedicated to -mxdnxghtstxrs

(Henry's POV 👊)

"You know those kinda lame jokes that people make to try and cure sadness?"

"What the hell, Lucas. Shut up." I glare menacingly at the rest. Why did I do that? I pushed her over the edge and now I'm getting a taste of my own medicine. 

"She's back." Marc whispers to me. 

"Do I look blind or deaf to you?" Actually, I didn't see Cole and Jess coming back.

"You were. Just now." He states with a finger that keeps drawing annoying circles in the air. 

"Just now was just now. Now is now." I tell him gruffly. I stand up about to walk to Cole and Jess, but then Marc reaches out a hand.

"Nay man, stand down."

"The bloody f*k do I look like? A soldier about to go in battle?"

"You'll walk into a tornado if you go there. You know how Jess is with friends." He looks forward while I glare at his head.

"Right. Overprotective strip to the bottom nannies." I mumble.

"Right. Now shit." He repeats then demands.

"Fine." I huff and sat, almost tipping over the chair.

"Whisky?" One of my mates asks.

"Na." My eyes follow Coley as she whisks through crowds smiling and acknowledging people that greets her. Jess is never too far off, probably my doing. I've got to talk to Cole, but as Marc said, I better give her space. Otherwise, she'd come to me like a bulldog, spitting all her anger out, then leaving me like an unwanted trash. That's girls for you. And this boy is the cause.

She's the first one I've come to feel terrible about. It's not that I regret meeting her, I feel like she can change me, except I'm not ready to me changed, and it's not her fault.

I snap out of my thoughts when Marc screams-whispers into my ear, "Damn it, she's coming." And she doesn't look at me, acknowledge my presence, at all.

I can't do this.

I can't sit and watch her talk with others while I get ignored. 

I'm damn well jealous.

She doesn't even know she's flirting, I mean whatever she does is f*king seduction.

"I'm damned." I stand up and I walk to the kitchen. Everyone's eyes follows me, including hers. Well, that's a way to catch her attention. 

She follows me. Oh my god, she's coming after me. "The hell Henry, it's just a damn girl." I'm talking to myself now. I'm insane. I'm doomed.

"Henry!"

"Yes, sweetie?" I roll my eyes as I turn around.

"Don't ever do that to me again, or I swear to God I'll—"

"You'll what, baby?" I tease her.

Her face turns red.

Her fists clenched and she looks adorable—

She slaps me. 

Hard.

I grab her hand before it leaves. Several people have turned to look and I catch Britney's amused eyes somewhere around the corner. I glare at everyone and they turn away quickly. 

Jess is about to walk over, but magician Marc does it again. The same thing he did to me, and Jess calms down and sits back down. I pull Cole to the backyard and pin her to the wall. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"