Like Mother Like Son

It was beyond strange having her son with the avengers now. He was really kind to the other avengers but he was so much older than them and Steve honestly didnt mind it but he didnt know he would feel if he started dating his mom and that was a problem. She was and has always been a mother first and foremost, denying herself happyness to protect her children from what she faced in hydra. He was happy that she got to be with her son again and he loved how they intractted with each other like they didnt lose any time at all. He liked helping peter with his homework and Tony with his cars and technology. Anthony how ever treated everyone like brothers and sisters because that is what his mom did she treated them like her children. She was still heart broken that her younger brother was now the leader of hydra and she was never going to have her family back fully. She looked over at anothny as he was doing dishes with bucky and they were laughing away as Anthony was telling his dad jokes since he never really got jokes and Bucky got most of them.

"Has anyone seen Peter?" Sparrow asked as Anthony checked his phone.

"No, he should be here though right to ask some qestions about world war two for his history class right?" Anthony asked.

"Yeah... I'm going to call him," she informed as she took off the apron she was wearing and got out her phone and started to call him while anthony texted him.

"Since when did you learn to text?" Bucky asked.

"Peter taught me how and what abrivashions mean like lol and brb," he informed.

"Lettuce on logs? Bees ring bells?" Bucky asked

"You really need to catch up with the times old man," Anthony cuckled as bucky was truly confused.

"Peter didnt answer me," Sparrow said worriedly as she called him again.

"Good thing I got my guns on hand," Anthony said as he cocked them and put them on the table.

"Where did you get those?" Bucky asked confused.

"Oh i taped a set of guns under every table and put some spares in other places around here because her brother is comming and he is as ruthless as the old hydra leader. Maybe more so, i have to protect you guys it is my job after all," he sighed after peter came in wearing his mask.

"Sorry I'm late I had some bad guys to fight," he apologized as Anthony sighed.

"You know I would have killed them if you asked me to," he informed.

"What no! They weren't that bad," peter informed.

"Oh, whoops. Good thing I didnt try to hunt you down," he chuckled as Sparrow smiled.

After peter was done with his homework peter saw WW2 diffrently. How really bad it really was behind closed doors. The things Sparrow did were horrable but she was under hydra comand. He could see how uncofterble this made Anthony as she talked about what happened like he was terrafied it was going to trigger a beast that he couldnt stop. Steve was there with bucky and they both didn't relize how bad it truly was for her. But she made sure that they knew about everything. Almost every detail that she could remember from her time there. One part of it actully made Peter sick to his stomach about the horrors of the hydra experments.

It was getting late so Anthony decided to drive peter home while everyone else dispersed from the kitchen except for Sparrow who sat there wondering if she did the right thing. She needed to make sure peter understood that he needed to stay away from them and run if they try to get him.

"Are you okay?" Steve asked as he noticed she had been sitting in the kitchen for an hour.

"I don't know if I did the right thing by telling Peter what hydra did to me and my son.... I just... I just want to make sure he wouldn't fight them by himself. He is just a baby compared to us, even though he isnt my son I treat him as one because he reminds me alot of how Anthony used to be. Hydra turned him into a killing machine like me. I told myself he would never end up like me but he did," she sighed.

"He didn't turn out like you and it wouldnt be a bad thing if he did. You are an amazing person and you have done alot to protect everyone," Steve informed.

"Then why do I feel like I have only made things worse?" She asked.

"Because you are a good mom..." He paused as she looked at her arm that was covered in scars.

"You have always been protective of your family and the things you did were to protect the only two people you cared about. Sparrow I need to tell you something," he said as she looked at him with a bit of uncertainty.

He really liked her due to her streghth and for the love of her family. Her long black hair and her eyes. Her smile and her laughter. He was about to say it but then Anthony came in and he looked worried.

"Are you okay mom?" He asked as she smiled weakly.

"Yeah, I'm just tired I guess. The weight of everything I have done haunts me still and I wish I could change what I did," she sighed.

"I know, but I hope you know that I love you even though you killed people. I know you always tried your best, I know you didn't want me to tell you that my uncle your brother turned out to be the leader of hydra but you tried your best," he said as she smiled a bit. He walked over to her and pulled up her sleve to hide her scars then she kissed her head.

"Thank you Anthony," she smiled.

"Its true mom, how about you go to bed and you can read a story to me if you want or the other way around," Anthony said.

"I would like that, I havent been sleeping well lately so I should go to bed anyway," she smiled as she headed off leaving the two alone.

"You should have told my mom you loved her," he smerked as Steve sighed.

"That obvious?" He asked.

"Well to me yes, to her no. She never went on a date in her life, to busy fighting or raising kids to do anything like that," he sighed.

"You wont think its weird?" He asked.

"Only if you make it weird but my mom is difficult and will probably push you away. She means well but she did a lot of bad stuff and it is killing her remebering all of that stuff," Anthony sighed.

"Shes stronger then any of us could ever be," he smiled.

"I just dont know how she will handle killing her brother if she has to. It will distroy her," he added.

"Well one of us will do it, hopefully we dont have to but if it has to happen it has to. Hydra needs to die that's all it is to it," steve informed.

"Yeah, please treat my mom right she really needs a break from everything. She always worries so much because she thinks that this is a dream when it's not. She never had anything nice besides wepons and everyone has always treated her badly," he informed.

"I will if she lets me if not I hope she finds a guy that makes her happy," steve sighed really hoping she felt the same way but she was closed off for the most part and didnt want hydra to know who she cared about due to them maybe taking them away from her.

That was the thing that steve liked the most about them. They both cared about each other alot even though they were seprated for most of there life but they also acted the same to. Protective, caring, and willing to go all the way to protect there family.