bob says hi

Hello my slightly [or very] crazy readers!!! I miss Bob and Damasen :(

So, anyway, this is exactly one year after Percy and Annabeth fall into Tartarus [1st of July] so they're 18, and a nightmare to some happiness. Pretty overused, but I hope you like mine! They have moved in together, but have come to visit CHB, and they are staying in the Poseidon Cabin. 

Disclaimer - I'm not Rick Riordan!! Go ask Bob!

HAKUNA MATATA!

Enjoy reading!!

[][][][][][]

3rd Person P.O.V

Annabeth opened her eyes as she heard soft sobs coming from behind her. Percy's arms were wrapped tightly around her waist and he was crying into her neck. 

It broke Annabeth's heart to see Percy like this. Around everyone else, he was the happy, strong, brave leader they had come to know, but she was one of the very few that had seen him like this.

She turned around and softly whispered, "Seaweed Brain?"

Percy raised his head slightly and muttered, "Sorry for waking you up, I had another nightmare."

"You don't have anything to say sorry for." Annabeth said, wondering why he was apologizing. "You want to talk about it?"

Percy sniffled, "I was seeing the same thing over and over, you dying, me leaving Bob and Damasen. If I had tried just a little harder, they could've been here, they should've been here. It's my fault, they deserved to live, it's my -"

She cut him off with a kiss. She pulled away and said, "They deserved to live longer, yes, but it wasn't your fault. They will be remembered forever, they died heroes, Percy. Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault, it's not anybody's. It was a prophecy. We couldn't have prevented it."

"I know." There were unshed tears in his eyes. "But it's the first of July.

At first, Annabeth's face was blank, she didn't understand. But everything came rushing back, Arachne, spider silk, falling, monsters, Tartarus. Exactly one year ago, they fell into Tartarus.

She shut her eyes tightly at the horrifying images. Percy soothingly rubbed his hand up and down her back, to try to comfort her.

Annabeth turned and threw her around Percy's neck, so she was half on the bed, and half on top of him.

Percy wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed the top of her head.

They laid there in silence for a while, immersed in their own thoughts.

After a while, Annabeth remembered something. "Seaweed Brain?"

He murmured incoherently.

"Do you remember the promise we made to Bob?" She asked, hoping Percy remembered.

Percy suddenly seemed much more awake. He swallowed and with difficulty said, "That we'd say hi to the stars for him?"

"Yeah." Annabeth said. "Wanna do it? In honour of Bob?"