CHAPTER 19: A game of confidence

"Bitches, please hurry up, we'll be late." Jean shouted and her voice was cracking already. I hurried and brought my gold purse with me. Im wearing gold fitting dress, this dress is heavy as hell, maraming gold beads na naka knit dito so mabigat talaga and it's revealing my back. May party kaming i-aattend, sa Mega Modelling agency, dahil mag la-launch ng bagong magazine, showcasing the collaboration between the two huge modelling agencies, the MEN and Mega Magazine.

We entered the venue and people's attention immediately diverted to us. We passed them, but for some reason, I felt shy and I became unease. My 5 other friends were really confident and was answering the appreciation that the people were throwing us. I bowed down my head, to not let the people see my unease face.

"Miss Ver, show us your face" a fan shouted, I lifted my head I gave that person a worried smile and tumakbo ako papasok sa silid, na wala ng masyadong tao, hindi ko alam kung bakit ko yun ginawa. This is an embarrassment.

"Hey, why were you running Ver?" Vien approached me with her worried voice and face. She hugged me and placed her chin on my shoulder.

"My knees were trembling for some reason hehe." I told them and gave them a huge smile to ease their worries.

"Ok, you just have to calm down, no one's going to hurt you here, ano ka ba" Vivian told me at hinampas ng very light yung balikat ko. I laughed very lightly and somehow, naibsan naman yung kaba na nararamdaman ko kanikanina lang.

The emcee began on giving life to the party and people were immersing themselves naman. I felt really easy and light weight is in my chest already, I felt fine.

"Please help me welcome, the first pair of Retro-Abante edition are Miss Veronica Venice Romualdez and Mr. Gregory Luke Ferrer, Please give them a huge round of applause." People were screaming and was hardly clapping their hands to overwhelm the both of us. I didn't stand up yet, I waited for him to stand up first and see what's his reaction. But to my surprise, he remained calm and pretty decent. So I stood up with full of confidence and I turned to face him and I gave him the sweetest smile. He was surprised, and a smirk plastered on his face. Palaban to ah! I thought he was genuine in saying sorry? Baka ako lang yung nag-iisip ng ganito.

The people were still cheering us and hundreds of cameras were flashing. I gave the crowd a smile and nag wave ako ng bahagya. It was fine and very formal naman, nothing unexpected happened earlier. Sina Vivian naman at Jean yung tinawag at ganon din yung reaction ng madla.

-

"Ansarap ng pagkain dito ha! Infairness!" Sabi ko naman sa kanila and Jean confirmed it.

"True, ansarap." Sabi naman ni Jean. Well, I was only focusing on shrimps dahil ito talaga pinaka fave ko. Nag uusap lang kami, reminisce ng very light at nag sasight-seeing ng mga gwapo, and of course, hindi ako sumali dahil may Joshue napo ako, and Im more than contented to have him in my life.

"Guys, kuha muna ako ulit ng shrimps, hehe. Ansarap kasi" I told them at kinuha ko na yung platong lalagyan ko. Kumuha naman ako ka agad

"You really like shrimps that much?" A familiar voice entered my ears and it was giving me chills, it's the one and only Greg. But I kept it formal as possible baka isipin niya na naaapektuhan pa din ako sa presensya niya.

"Yah, why?" I turned to face him and gave him a smile at bumalik naman din yung atensiyon ko sa pag kuha ng shrimps.

"Wala lang, coz the first time I talked to you at Jake's party, ganito din yung tagpo, you were getting the same dish, but I aint surprised." Sabi naman niya and I just shrugged my shoulders and gave him a smile.

But the unexpected thing happened. He moved forward to me and he was making his body close to my back, he touched my shoulders tracing to my hands and pressed them together. I felt his face moving towards the back of my right ear "You know, it's not smart to act brave when we interact, it's definitely not decent to deny that my presence still petrifies you, that's it, just the way I wanted." Ang mga balahibo sa balat ko ay nagsitayuan dahil sa pinaghalong kaba, pag-aalala, at galit.

I dropped the plate that I was holding and I regained my composure, gusto niyang mag laro? Sige, sasakyan ko siya.

"How sure are you na meron ka paring epekto sa akin? How sure are you? Mr. ferrer?" I said those seductively, I touched his face using my fingers, I was tracing it from his left forehead going to his cheek and I slightly pinched his lips. But as soon as I pinched his lip, I bit mine and a sweat from his forehead released.

"Or, you are the one that's still affected, from my presence, dont fight your demons, you went to a rehab right? Youre mentally stable, right? why hesitate? I know youre still lusting over me, but please hold it. You maybe gotten my virginity already, but rest assured, you didnt had the pleasure which you were expecting me to give you. Coz Im already happy serving my man's needs, and Im willing to go wild for him, just him." I said and grabbed my plate, tila napako siya kinatatayuan niya at patuloy pading umaagos yubg pawis niya sa kanyang mukha but to completely end this game, I walked back and touched his shoulder to face him.

"You know Joshue, right?" I asked him while directly looking to his eyes, his eyes were firstly enclosed with lust but as soon as I asked him the question, anger took over, and I have noticed his jaw clenched, maraming ugat ang naging visible sa kanyang noo at leeg. That's it.

"Hey, are you there? Im asking you." I told him and he faced me with rage to the extent that his anger reached its pinnacle and was ready to explode.

"YES!" he shouted, I know he was blinded from anger coz he wasnt minding the people that was now looking at us.

"That's good, I have to go." I told him and I left with a successful smile on my face.

"What happened?" Samantha asked, I just smiled at her.

"He provoked me, so I also had to, clearly he lost it." I told them and was happily eating my shrimps. A huge bang was echoing the area, parang lamesa na tumalbog but I didnt give any attention to it, coz I know who was it coming from.

"Omg, he looked pissed. Serves him right" Charres said while mockingly laughing at tinignan ang nagwawalang si Greg.

Humupa naman at napakalma na ang gago, at patuloy na ang party. Ang saya lang talaga. Someone approached us, and I noticed this guy. Ito yung lalaki na ka partner ni Vivian sa shoot namin, infairness ha, ang gwapo niya.

"Hi ladies! My name's Lucas, Ill be throwing an after-game party at my house, would you like to join." The guy named Lucas said and they agreed naman.

"Wait, Ill just ask permission." I told Lucas and I immediately grabbed my phone from my purse.

"No worries, just lemme know." Lucas said and smiled at me. I feel the need for me to ask for permission from my boyfriend, dahil hello. Party po ito, and these guys seem liberated so this won't just be a normal party, but Im really sure naman na we wont be immersing or involving ourselves with shits like this, we just dont want to implant bad impressions.

"Babe? Someone asked me to join the After-Party, I would like to ask for your permission if pwede?" I asked him and if hindi siya papayag, okay lang, kung papayag naman siya, okay lang din.

"Sure babe, basta't wag ka lang magpakalasing. Take care, text me when you get home, if kung gusto mong magpakuha, I love you." He told me, I cant believe this man, the amount of trust he has for me is unbelievable.

"You know I dont drink, I just wanna come dahil katrabaho ko ito, but I will text you babe, I love you too!" I said and ended the call.

"Lucas, ok na, Ill go with you guys." I told him and his face brightened, but it was weird. Hmm.

"Don't get mad, get even."
-Veronica Venice Romualdez

-----------------------------------------------------------

Votes?
Comments?