CHAPTER 23: Pinnacle of cruelty

SOMEONE'S POV

The day that I've been waiting for is finally approaching. I've got the influence, the fame, the money and the means to raise a country, but I still feel empty. I know, Veronica would definitely fill the emptiness and the void in me, that's what I'm certain about.

I went down from my bedroom and I asked my nanny if she cooked something. I felt really hungry, I've been maintaining my appetite for my hypnosis sessions, and finally I'm done with those exhausting sessions, Im finally an hypnotist. Actually, I don't really need these sessions, but I need to learn on how to put someone in trance, for me to be able to get the things I want, easily. Actually, the sessions I've took were illegal, I've paid 50 Million for each session, that's how desperate I was in learning, no, that's how desperate I am in owning, my Dear Veronica. If I can put her in trance, I would be able to show off to people that she's mine and that no one would have an ounce of audacity to go near her, besides, that gay-ass Joshue is dead, no one's going to meddle my plans. In order for me to finally own her sanity and her consciousness, I need to suck on her skin and gently caress her earlobe, in that way, she would remain vulnerable and she would see me as her master. I've chosen this way for it's sensual and sexually pleasing, besides, this hypnosis are meant just for her and no else. There's no way that I'll be sucking someone's neck and caressing their earlobes for me to own them, only to my Beloved Veronica.

I reached for my phone and dialed someone "Any updates?" I lifelessly said.

"Y-yes, s-sir. Everything's under control and is going along your favor. There's nothing to worry about." sabi ng aking tauhan.

"Very well." I said and dropped the phone. There shouldn't be any hindrance, coz I've been dying to own her. I've been dying to taste her, again.

Veronica's POV

Gumising ako ng maaga, coz I had a nightmare, it was scary. Someone was stabbing Joshue's chest and I couldn't see the face of the culprit, it was blurred, but the built of that someone was familiar. Hindi na ako nakatulog. I went down from my bedroom, and hindi pa gising sina Jean dahil alas 4 palang ng madaling araw. I went down to drink water, downstairs. Pagkatapos kung uminom ng tubig, umupo ako sa sofa at isinandal yung ulo ko, nakatingala lang ako pa-itaas. I sighed deeply. Darkness pulled me, at nakatulog ako sa sofa.

--

"V-ver, gumising ka. P-please" yinuyogyog yung aking balikat so I opened my eyes only to see Vivian crying, like hell, I got worried and guided her to sit down.

"What happened?" I said to her while caressing her head.

"W-wag ka sanang m-magulat ha?" She said, something hammered my chest from hearing that. What's happening.

"W-wala na si Joshue. Wala na siya Ver, pinatay siya." She said and hugged me very tightly, for I was so overwhelmed, the pain enveloped the entirety of my body. N-no, this cant be happening.

Jean hurriedly approached me with her laptop, she was also crying.

It was a picture of him, nakalabas ang dalawang eyeballs niya at putol ang kanyang dila, merong isang saksak sa abdomen area niya at parang inukit ang kanyang puso. I lost my senses, this was too much. I cried my heart, I was screaming in pain, from what I have seen, no, anong nagawa kung kasalanan sa buhay ko to receive this, to experience this kind of hell. How could someone be this cruel and doesnt even had the guilt from doing this.

---

Weeks had pass, nothing's changed. I'm still in deep grief, napag desisyunan na ng pamilya ni Joshue na ipa cremate ito, dahil masyadong brutal ang ginawa sa kanya. Hindi pa din ako makapaniwala. What did I do to deserve this? This is too unfair. Just so fucking unfair. Ayun na yun eh, masayang masaya na ako, I even pictured him being my husband and me being his wife, but why?! Ive been keeping in touch with the police, coz there will be no fucking way that I'll let this pass at kalimutan nalang, masyadong masakit, para kalimutan, masyadong mabigat para ibaon nalang sa limot. I will give justice to you Joshue.

Bumaba ako para kumain, I need to gain a lot of strength, coz I will do everything to help on the investigation, and hindi ako makakapayag na tutunganga nalang at pabayaan ang lahat. There's no time to waste in crying, masakit, oo, sobrang sakit, pero kung wala lang akong gagawin, mas doble ang sakit, there's no way that I'll be complacent with the situation.

"V-ver, hali ka na, kumain ka na." Aya ni Jean sa akin, I slightly smiled at them, I knew theyve been really worried, coz I didnt had the appetite to eat these days, pero dahil sa pag pe-pep talk ko sa aking sarili, all the courage and the strength that I left hanging came back. It's really nice to talk to yourself in front of a mirror.

"Okay, anong ulam." I said to them. They smiled, and Samantha got teary-eyed.

"Bakit ganyan reaction niyo? Anong nangyari?" Takang tanong ko, they hugged me. Wala pa din si Vien dahil nag tra-training pa din ito.

"Wala lang, namiss ka lang namin, Im glad youre okay now." Charres, said. They went back to their seats, and nagluto si Jean ng Adobo.

"Actually, I'm not really okay. I just feel that I'm somehow obliged to help find who the culprit is, kaya naisipan kung wag mag mukmok at kumilos and salamat dahil hindi kayo bumitaw." I said to them, they smiled at me.

"Don't worry, I took a leave already from my dentistry to help solve the case." Charres said with full of determination.

"Wala panamang urgent flights ngayon, so, count me in." Samantha added

"Bakasyon ngayon, kaka graduate ko lang, of course, I'm in." Vivian said. We stared at Jean

"Yep, don't look at me like that, you knew I'm in." She said, at tumawa kami, habang kumakain. Nag ring yung phone ni Charres and her face brightened.

"It's Vien, wait I'll pick up." She said, at hindi muna kami tumuloy sa pagkain dahil hinintay namin si Charres at para na din malaman kung ano ang pinag usapan nila. Tapos na silang mag usap at bumalik na sa upuan si Charres

"Guys, Vien said that he will be coordinating with the Police, her profession would definitely help us to solve this case." She said, I smiled naman.

"That's good, thanks guys." I said, Vivian squeezed my hand to remind me that they will always be there to help me. It made me at ease. I'm so lucky to have them.

Matapos na kaming kumain, they continued their unfinished business by themselves para ma settle nila ka agad yung work nila at para nadin matutukan na nila ang kaso sa pagkamatay ni Joshue. I miss him, I truly do. Hays.

I told them that I'll be jogging, to release my stress and to somehow forget the pain I was feeling, they even offered to come with me but I refused, just by seeing them being stressed out from finishing their works and still, they never failed to give me a helping hand.

I jogged outside the subdivision dahil merong park nearby, it's getting dark at wala ng mga batang naglalaro.

Suddenly, goosebumps embraced my whole entire body. I feel like Im being watched from afar. I turned my head to the right only to see nothing, and immediately turned to my left pero ganun pa din. I decided to go back, dahil naka ilang rounds naman din ako. As I walked near to the gate, it was like, 30 meters away from the gate, a guy suddenly covered my nose with a handkerchief, this is typical kidnapping, seriously? Wala nabang bago? I knew the handkerchief had chloroform on it, I unfortunately sniffed it. I elbowed the stomach nung lalaki, and I immediately ran. But my body was failing me, I lost balance, fell on the floor. I was weak, I feel my body being lifted, nakamaskara ang lalaki, shit. The nostalgic feels came back. The traumatizing scenes began to have its own PowerPoint presentation in my head. Darkness took over and I finally fell unconscious.

"Grief has its impact, they could either impact you positively, or negatively."
-Veronica Venice Romualdez

______________________________________

Votes?
Comments?