First Blood

Chapter warnings: Mild language, violence

Word Count: 2749

-----

They returned to an entirely different campsite. Most of the tents were gone, leaving patches of crunchy, flattened grass in their places. There was a thin littering of unsettled dust, likely because of all the movement. Haechan and Yuta were moving boxes to a stack, preparing them to be loaded into the van. Jungwoo was putting a few accessories into the second car, but seemed mostly done with his tasks. Mark was saying something to Jaehyun, although they were far enough away that it couldn't be deciphered. Still, it was easy to tell that Jaehyun was in his usual mood, while Mark was obliviously carrying on.

The van pulled up, Taeil coming to a slow stop as he had on her first ride. Before the exited, Taeyong turned to her.

"I'm going to help the guys finish up. My tent is still set up, so you can go try on some of those. I know Johnny's not the most trustworthy, but I promise they're safe."

"He even has a mirror stashed under his books." Taeil snickered. Taeyong glared.

"Really?" He sighed. "Anyway, he's not lying. You can use it, I'll be over to break everything down in a bit, so be quick." She nodded, popping the side door. Several of the men looked over, nodding in greeting, but said nothing. She made her way as best she could to where she thought she remembered Taeyong's tent being. Finally, she came to a faded green structure. Quickly unzipping it and slipping inside, she jabbed her thumb under the hem of her shirt.

Whatever light had been illuminating Taeyong's tent earlier that day was now off, so it was incredibly dim. Remembering his words to be quick, she decided to start undressing as her eyes adjusted. After pulling off her shirt, she decided to look for a lamp. Strangely, the sleeping bag was still there, but there were no books. Instead, there were a few boxes and stripped wires littered across the floor, as well as a notebook and some loose papers. When had Taeyong found the time to start packing? And why wouldn't he warn her?

Suddenly, the tent flooded with light, but not from a lamp. Rather, someone had opened the tent. Rushing to cover as much skin as she could, she twisted towards the light, eyes wide. Staring back at her was a dark haired, unfamiliar face. At the same time, both of them screamed.

"What the fuck?!" The man shouted, covering his eyes hastily. She gathered up her shirt at her stomach, struggling to put it back on. "Why is there a girl in my tent!?" She stuttered, pushing past him to try and get out, but rather than escape she only managed to trip the both of them. In a matter of seconds, both were tangled up in the dirt, making quite the scene.

"Ah, Y/N. I see you've met Doyoung." Taeyong laughed, helping her up out of her mess.

"I- I thought- your tent, I-" She tried to explain, pointing in random directions and rambling.

"Hey, it's fine. I was just coming to check on you- I should have realized that you couldn't tell all the resident tents apart." He put a hand on the back of his neck, facing his colleague. "Sorry, Doyoung. That's my bad." The now red-faced boy was looking directly at the ground, muttering random, jumbled sentences under his breath. Finally, he said,

"It's fine." Before slipping into his tent and promptly zipping it behind him. With that over, Taeyong pointed her in the correct direction, giving her another few minutes to change. Once she was inside, she finally got a chance to breathe. She carefully laid out the clothes, separating them by function.

Surprisingly, there was a lot to work with, as it was folded neatly. There were two pairs of black jeans, one blue, and one pair of shorts. There were several clean bras and pairs of socks and underwear as well. Assuming that he thought T-shirts were readily available to her, there was only one. The other three were an assortment of nicer tank tops, and to top it off, a leather jacket. The bottom of the bag was even more interesting. It had bottles of over-the-counter pain medication, feminine products, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. There were also a few makeup palettes, including a foundation matching her skin tone, as well as makeup remover. Finally, there was an assortment of cheap earrings, bracelets, and other accessories, along with black studded boots.