Dead to Me

Chapter warnings: Mild language and graphic content

Word count: 1367

-----

"Where are we going?" Y/N asked desperately as Taeyong continued awkwardly pointing out the front of the car.

"Just drive where I tell you."

"We're going the wrong way!"

"Do you trust me?"

"Well, yes, but-"

"Then just do it!" They were headed South- the exact opposite direction as they had been trekking this entire journey. They had lost so much, why were they backtracking now? Taeyong always had a reason, but he had also always disclosed it.

"I don't see why you're hiding it. Why not just tell her?" Jaehyun asked, mouth rudely full of a granola bar.

"Wait, you told Jaehyun and not me?" She asked angrily, subconsciously stepping on the gas.

"Watch it!" Taeyong warned.

"He told everybody and not you." He corrected.

"Jaehyun!" Taeyong reprimanded him.

"Where are we going?!" She demanded. "I want to know!"

"Okay! Fine! We're going back to Johnny's!" At this, she froze, foot falling from the pedal, causing the car to start slowing.

"No, we shouldn't do that."

"Haha, see, I told you she'd be mad if she found out!" Jaehyun laughed.

"You started it!" Taeyong grumbled. "Anyway, it's a final decision, you don't get a say. Now drive."

"No! I don't want to go back to Johnny's!"

"Well, unless you can give us a real reason not to, your opinion has been noted and denied."

"Yeah, Y/N, what happened at Johnny's that's got you so messed up?" Jaehyun asked, leaning over and speaking in a taunting voice.

"He's gonna be dead, okay?!" She screamed, slamming on the brakes and throwing everyone forward. She felt the eyes on her- all eight- but she didn't know what to do. Her fingers were locked on the wheel, breathing heavily as she stared down at her feet.

"Dead?" Doyoung asked quietly.

"What are you talking about, Y/N, why would he be dead?" Mark asked, half laughing as he tried to lighten the mood.

"His arm... it was changing. The last time we were there. You didn't notice the sweatshirt?"

"Sometimes Johnny does strange things, Y/N, that doesn't mean-"

"I saw it, okay?" She yelled. "I saw it and he was turning and he's gonna be dead! Just don't make me go back there! I don't wanna see it! I tried to save him, his dumb ass didn't want to be saved! So can we please just leave it alone?"

"No." Mark cut in. "We're not just going to leave him there to die."

"Either get back on the road, or get out of the fucking driver's seat and I'll do it myself." Taeyong agreed. She jerked her head up. He had never sounded so angry before. It was... scary.

"Actually, I have to agree with Y/N on this one." Jaehyun argued. "If he's done, he's done, what kind of chances are we taking by going back? We're putting our lives at risk for nothing."