😈 Civilized People

Civilized People

Ship: Kinda Kaishin not really
Length: Short
Type: Just One Big Reference

— — —

Shinichi stumbled backwards, a sharp crack echoing through the cliffs. His eyes flew from the boulder that had nearly cracked open his skull to the lunatic dressed in white.

The man chuckled as Shinichi studied him, tossing a rock in the air and catching it in a repetitive motion. He spoke first, breaking silence as tense as the air after a murder. "I didn't have to miss, you know."

Shinichi relaxed slightly, though he tried to avoid showing it. "Thank you, I suppose."

The man hummed. "He wants me to kill you. And maybe, really, I will." There was a pause. "But in a fair way, of course. Ambush is dishonorable, to say the least."

"How are we handling this then?" Shinichi lifted his rapier, tilting it so the sun reflected off it's silvery sheen. "I assume you don't have a sword."

"Hmm. No." The man clicked his tongue thoughtfully, then stepped forward. Shinichi stepped back, narrowing his eyes.

"What?"

Tilting his head, the man smiled in a way that reminded Shinichi of his odd cousin Sute—a cocky fellow that worked alongside trickster beasts and starved at the Dread Pirate's orders(Never trick a creature of tricks, it won't work out well in the end).

"You'll put down your sword," the man suggested, "I'll put down my rocks. We'll fight with no weapons, skill against skill alone."

"You mean to say," Shinichi drew out slowly, "we'll try to kill each other like civilized people?"

"You catch on quickly."

"And if I decide it'd be easier to just push you off this cliff?"

"I'm giving you a chance—really wanna risk it?"

Shinichi paused. The man could be bluffing, or... or he was seriously dangerous. Studying him a moment longer, Shinichi dropped his sword. "I suppose I am a civilized person then."

"Oh please," the man teased, setting down his deadly throwing stones, "we both know YOU aren't civilized. Right, Dread Pirate Raberūtūsū?"

Shinichi smiled now, much in the same way the man had earlier. Devious, cunning, and most of all dangerous. "That's my name, don't wear it out."

"I'm sure it isn't your real name though. You seem far too young to be Raberūtūsū."

"I thought we were trying to kill each other?"

"Oh, but I do like a good mystery." The man clicked his tongue. "Like you—Shinichi. Your real name, yes?"

"Can we just get on with the death?"

A growl sounded from the man, but he didn't press the matter. "I suppose."

"Good." Shinichi stepped forward. "I am indeed the Dread Pirate Raberūtūsū. You've made a dangerous choice. Now," he let venom sink into his words as he readied for battle.

"Prepare to die."

— — —
(A/N)
Written: June 16th, 2020
Written By: 23belln
Word Count: 448

Another Princess Bride thing lol

Just one big reference

Also I'm pretty sure Raberūtūsū would be how you would sound out Roberts when writing in Japanese? Maybe it would be Rabeirētūsū— idk— I'm not that good with Japanese oof—

Anyway yeah hope you enjoyed have a nice day don't forget to vote and comment cHAO